Larry Wilmore’s Best Jokes Hosting The White House Correspondents’ Dinner
Comedian Larry Wilmore was one of the many attendees at the White House Correspondents’ Dinner and was able to crack a few jokes at President Obama’s expense.
LARRY WILMORE’S 10 BEST JOKES
The comedian was able to poke fun at the president as well as racism, Beyonce, Bill Clinton and Lebron James.
10. “Welcome to negro night here in Washington. Or as Fox will report, two thugs interrupt elegant dinner in D.C.”
9. “I am a black man who replaced a white man who was pretending to be a TV newscaster. So in that way Lester Holt and I have a lot in common.”
8. “I have to say about the first lady, it’s so nice to have dinner with you. She’s the epitome of grace, class and poise, isn’t she? Not to be confused with the future first gentleman, Bill Clinton, whose three favorite strippers are Grace, Class and Poise.
7. “No but it is good to be on CSPAN. Glad I’m not on rival network, No Input HDMI 1.”
6. “Fox News actually tried to convince America that Beyonce was anti-cop after her Black Panther-inspired performance at the Super Bowl. At the most she’s anti-pants. I think Fox News secretly likes Beyonce, though. They just renamed the Kelly File ‘Becky With the Good Hair’.”
5. “CSPAN is of course carrying tonight’s dinner live. Which is ironic because most of their viewers aren’t. It’s true, guys. It’s the number one network for people who died watching TV and no one has found them yet.”
4. “No but it is good to be on CSPAN. Glad I’m not on rival network, No Input HDMI 1.”
3. “Seriously, you gotta give Mitch McConnell credit. At this point he could block LeBron James.”
2. “And I have to admit it’s not easy to follow the president. You got some jokes, Mr. President. Stay in your lane, man. You don’t see me going around ‘presidenting’ all the time. I don’t go around passing health care, signing executive orders, pardoning turkeys, not closing Guantanamo. Oh wait, maybe I did do that.”
1. “There are so many rich, powerful people in this room. It’s so nice to finally match the names to the faces of the people in the Panama Papers.”
Get Larry Wilmore’s book here!
Get the most-revealing celebrity conversations with the uInterview podcast!