Kevin Spacey Charged With Assault, Posts Bizarre Video Defense
In 2016, Kevin Spacey was involved in an incident at a Nantucket, Massachusetts, restaurant. On Monday, December 24, District Attorney Michael O’Keefe announced that the former House of Cards actor would be charged with indecent assault and battery. He’s currently scheduled to be arraigned on January 7.
Spacey’s life has been in a tailspin since October of 2017. That was when his first sexual misconduct allegation came up. Actor Anthony Rapp claimed Spacey, then 30, made an advance at him when he was 14-years old. Spacey claimed he couldn’t recall it but apologized.
The next month, Netflix dropped him from his lead role as Frank Underwood in House of Cards. That came out as reports of Spacey harassing multiple former and current production staff of the Netflix series were being published. Spacey never responded to those claims directly and stayed out of the public eye except for when more sexual misconduct allegations would be hurled at him.
Now, the actor seems to have hit rock bottom. In a video titled “Let Me Be Frank,, a play on his former House of Cards character name, the actor remains in character and is seen standing in a kitchen, wearing a Christmas apron and preparing a meal. Underwood was killed off in the sixth and final season of the show which released last month.
“I know what you want,” Spacey says while staying in character as Underwood. “Oh sure, they may have tried to separate us, but what we have is too strong, too powerful. After all, we shared everything, you and I. I told you my deepest, darkest secrets. I showed you exactly what people are capable of. I shocked you with my honestly, but mostly I challenged you and made you think. And you trusted me, even though you knew you shouldn’t. So we’re not done, no matter what anyone says. And besides, I know what you want. You want me back.”
He also says, “I can promise you this. If I didn’t pay the price for the things we both know I did do, I’m certainly not going to pay the price for the things I didn’t do.”
It’s unclear if Spacey is referencing the allegations against him. Maybe he’s just pleading to have his role back. But to most, it looks like the actor has gone off the rails.
Here’s the video.
Leave a comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.