Categories: News

Jodi Arias Trial Update: Defense Attorneys Want Cast Thrown Out, Claim Prosecution Destroyed Evidence

Jodi Arias attorneys have asked that all charges against their client be dismissed, claiming that the prosecution had evidence destroyed from Jason Alexander’s computer.

Jodi Arias Update

In a motion filed Monday, Arias’ lawyers claim that a newly hired computer expert found that thousands of files – mostly of pornography – were wiped from Alexander’s computer while it was being kept in evidence at the Mesa Police Department, reported the Arizona Republic.

During Arias’ trial in 2013, as well as in her current trial in Maricopa County Superior Court, police personnel have testified that no porn was ever found on Alexander’s computer. Alexander’s online sexual proclivities had been a point of contention during the trial, as Arias claimed, among other things, that she had caught her former boyfriend masturbating to lewd images of young boys.

Arias’ lawyers Kirk Nurmi and Jennifer Willmott only recently managed to procure the computer again to have a second expert take a look at it. The expert's forensic analysis allegedly revealed that thousands of files from porn sites were deleted on June, 29, 2009 during a three hour period. On that date in June, the computer was at the Mesa Police Department.

The porn sites discovered by the expert were visited by the victim in 2008. The prosecution, anticipating suggestions that Arias had visited the sites on Alexander’s computer, provided evidence that she was not in Arizona with Alexander on the dates in which the sites were visited.

The evaluation of Alexander's computer is ongoing. A hearing date for the defense motion has yet to be determined. If the judge refuses to dismiss Arias' charges on the basis of prosecutorial misconduct, the defense will ask to take the death penalty off the table.

Arias was found guilty of first-degree murder in the death of her former boyfriend in May 2013.

Chelsea Regan

Recent Posts

Virginia Guiffre, Jeffrey Epstein & Prince Andrew’s Accuser, Given Four Days To Live After Car Crash

Guiffre founded the non-profit SOAR (Speak Out, Act, Reclaim), an organization that provides support to…

3 hours ago

Kid Rock Appears In Oval Office Wearing Red Rhinestone-Studded Suit After Trump Took Exception To Zelensky’s Informal Attire

Singer Kid Rock, whose real name is Robert James Ritchie, appeared with President Donald Trump…

5 hours ago

VIDEO: Barack Obama Responds After Photobombing Family’s Cherry Blossom Pics – ‘My Bad!’

https://youtu.be/rClF_OLfxy8 A family taking photos in Washington, D.C., said they got a “family heirloom” picture…

8 hours ago

HHS Sec. Robert F. Kennedy Jr. Mocks West Virginia Gov. Patrick Morrisey’s Weight & Challenges Him To Do Public Weigh-Ins

Health and Human Services (HHS) Secretary Robert F. Kennedy Jr. ridiculed Gov. Patrick Morrisey's (R-West…

9 hours ago

Director Sam Mendes Confirms Cast Of Four Beatles Biopics To Be Released In ‘Cinematic Event’

The Beatles have had many movies and documentaries made about them, but Mendes' project will…

11 hours ago

Elon Musk Questions Whether He’s Father Of Ashley St. Clair’s Child – But Says He’s Given Her $2.5M Anyway

Musk’s attorneys successfully petitioned the New York judge for a gag order against St. Clair,…

12 hours ago