'Iron Man' Rakes In $133 Million
Iron Man 2, the sequel starring Robert Downey Jr., brought in a super hero-worthy $133.6 million domestically on its opening weekend. The movie follows the adventures of Tony Stark, a gadget-loving industrialist, and co-stars Mickey Rourke and Gwyneth Paltrow, pictured. Iron Man knocked off last week’s #1, A Nightmare on Elm Street, which fell to No. 2 with $9.1 million, while How to Train Your Dragon stayed at No. 3 with $6.7 million, bringing its take to $201 million.
1. Iron Man 2, $133.6 million
2. A Nightmare on Elm Street, $9.1 million
3. How to Train Your Dragon, $6.7 million
A week of entertainment news in your in-box.
We find the news you need to know, so you don't have to.
4. Date Night, $5.3 million
5. The Back-up Plan, $4.3 million
6. Furry Vengeance, $4 million
7. Clash of the Titans, $2.3 million
8. Death at a Funeral, $2.1 million
9. The Losers, $1.8 million
10. Babies, $1.5 million
Leave a comment
Get the most-revealing celebrity conversations with the uInterview podcast!