News

Influencer Andrew Tate’s Human Trafficking Case Sent Back Won’t Go To Trial

On Thursday, the Court of Appeals in Bucharest, Romania, ruled that influencer Andrew Tate and his brother, Tristan Tate, accused of human trafficking, would not go to trial for their criminal case.

The two brothers were arrested in December 2022, along with two women, Georgiana-Manuela Naghel and Alexandra-Luana Radu, on accusations of forming a criminal gang to exploit women. The illegal ring saw them coerce and violently threaten women to participate in adult activity for profit.

This is the second time that the case has been returned to prosecutors. The same court found “irregularities” in the indictment against the brothers in November, requiring prosecutors to amend their brief. The court also had several pieces of evidence removed, declaring victims’ statements as inadmissible.

Last week, Andrew was seen smiling outside of court.

All four arrested have strongly defended their innocence, Andrew most vehemently.

Andrew is a popular influencer online who promotes a flashy lifestyle complimented by sexist ideals. A self-described misogynist, Andrew has been banned from various social media sites for his chauvinistic statements.

He released a statement in response to the ruling on Thursday, saying, “They’ve had years to build their case – years to tear apart my life, target everyone I know, and even subpoena the mother of my child. And yet, they have nothing.”

“This is all a lie, and I will fight to the very end to expose it and prove my innocence,” he said.

His brother Tristan stated, “If there isn’t enough evidence to go to trial after all of these years, that means there never was enough evidence.”

Andrew and Tristan also face legal issues in their native UK, where there are charges spanning between 2012 and 2015. Four different women are suing Andrew for sexual assault and violence between 2013 and 2015.

The brothers are also accused of tax evasion in the UK, and a British court ruled on Wednesday that police could seize more than £2m ($2.5 million) from the Tate brothers for failing to pay tax on £21m ($26 million) in revenue from their online businesses.

Tate has expressed a desire to move back to the U.S. following the election of Donald Trump.

Subscribe to uInterview’s free weekly email for the latest news & exclusive videos!

Let us know what you think of the story in the comments below – join the conversation!

Baila Eve Zisman

Recent Posts

VIDEO: Researchers Stunned To See Octopus Hitching A Ride On Back Of A Shark

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/UTnTQEk-dEU A research team from the University of Auckland was out studying feeding frenzies when…

10 hours ago

VIDEO EXCLUSIVE: Oklahoma City Bombing Survivor Amy Down Shares Her Memories Of The Attack

"For the first time I looked around I could see and I just remember thinking…

11 hours ago

Meghan Trainor Comes Clean About Using Weight-Loss Drug Mounjaro After Persistent Rumors

At the 2025 Billboard Women in Music event on Saturday, March 29, Trainor told Entertainment…

13 hours ago

Meghan Markle Defends Her Numerous Business Ventures In Post-Royal Career: ‘I Need to Work’

​ Meghan Markle, the Duchess of Sussex, has addressed criticism regarding her numerous business ventures…

15 hours ago

Macaulay Culkin Says He Hasn’t Spoken To Dad In Decades: ‘I Think He Kinda Hated Me’

Culkin previously accused his father of emotional and physical abuse, an allegation that led to…

18 hours ago

Hunter Biden Agrees To Give Up His Law License In Washington, D.C.

Former President Joe Biden's son, Hunter Biden, has agreed to surrender his license to practice…

20 hours ago