In a strange twist to a complicated case, Fotis Dulos, the husband of missing woman Jennifer Dulos, has died. The 52-year-old Fotis, who has been accused of murdering his wife, was found unresponsive in his garage on Tuesday. He was soon thereafter taken to hospital to be treated for carbon monoxide poisoning. It is believed that Fotis committed suicide. After surviving for two days, Fotis was declared dead on Thursday.

Norm Pattis, Fotis’s attorney, was taken aback by the death of his client, saying that he, “saw nothing that led me to believe that” Fotis would commit suicide. “I look back and wondered what I missed.” Pattis also had harsher words about the Fotis’s death. “Mr. Dulos was tried and convicted in the court of public opinion… Now, he has been executed,” said Pattis. The attorney continued that the despite the death of his client, he will still attempt to prove the innocence of Fotis.

Jennifer was last seen May 24, 2019. The mother of five drove her children to the New Canaan Country School in Connecticut, where Jennifer and her children were living at the time. During this time, Jennifer and Fotis were going through divorce proceedings. Jennifer alleged that Fotis had exhibited “irrational, unsafe, bullying, threatening and controlling behavior.” “I know that filing for divorce, and filing this Motion will enrage him. I know he will retaliate by trying to harm me in some way,” said Jennifer. Fotis denied all the allegations that Jennifer accused him of. Later that day, Jennifer had missed a doctor’s appointment and was soon reported as missing.


A few days later, on June 1, Fotis and his girlfriend, Michelle Troconis, were arrested for evidence tampering. They both pleaded not guilty. Then, a few weeks ago, authorities charged Fotis with murder and kidnapping, who pleaded not guilty. Authorities also arrested Troconis and Kent Mawhinney, a friend of Fotis, for conspiracy to commit murder. The body of Jennifer has not been found as of yet.

Read more about:

Leave a comment