Drake Bell Pleads Guilty To Attempted Child Endangerment Charges
In a virtual court hearing on Wednesday, Drake Bell, former star of Nickelodeon show Drake & Josh, agreed to a plea deal on felony and misdemeanor charges. Bell had initially pled not guilty to attempted child endangerment, a felony, and disseminating material harmful to children, a misdemeanor. The possibilities for sentencing now range from probation to two years in prison.
The charges refer to an incident involving a 15-year-old Canadian girl who attended one of his shows in Cleveland. Bell, who had a music career and toured the U.S. several times after Drake & Josh ended, tweeted about a show at the Odeon Concert Club on December 1, 2017. There, he started a conversation with the underaged girl, which became sexual in nature. Prosecutors said that Bell had also sent inappropriate messages to the girl in the months leading up to the Cleveland performance.
The judge told 34-year-old Bell that if he did not spend time in prison, his activities would be severely limited for the next several years.
His sentencing hearing will take place on July 12.
Bell’s lawyer, Ian Friedman, previously told reporters: “All facts will be revealed in a courtroom.”