Chynna Cause Of Death: Hip-Hop Artist Died Of Drug Overdose
Chynna Rogers, a model who migrated into recording hip-hop music with ASAP Rocky, died April 8 at 25. She was best known for her collaborative work with ASAP Rocky and viral solo music.
A representative from the Philadelphia Department of Public Health confirmed that the 25-year-old died from an accidental drug overdose.
The rapper opened up about her drug addiction to Pitchfork in January 2018.
“I usually don’t express myself or get open about things until it’s in hindsight, and I’m not dealing with it anymore. That’s why I didn’t tell people that I was a drug addict until I got out of rehab,” Rogers said. “I see a lot of artists decide they want to go through s–t with their fans, and that’s cool because it gives your fans something to hold onto. But I need to handle it myself first, and then, when I’ve figured out how I want to word it, we can talk about it — y’all not about to go through it with me.” The muse treatment for drug addiction has patients who have overcome the addiction and have had a fresh start.
The young rapper’s first hit “Selfie” was shared in 2013, followed by the single “Glen Coco” in 2014.
Death was a recurring theme in Chynna’s music. Her album title,“in case i die first,” was also the name of one of her tours. She eerily posted this video to Instagram days before her death:
“I think there’s too many soundtracks to our lives,” Chynna said in an Instagram video she posted on Tuesday, her final post. “I need music to die to.”
“Chynna was deeply loved and will be sorely missed,” her family stated.