Categories: News

Columbus Short Will Not Return To 'Scandal' Following Personal Troubles

Actor Columbus Short will not be returning to ABC’s hit Washington, D.C. drama Scandal due to his recent legal troubles.

Columbus Short Leaving 'Scandal'

Short, 31, who’s been starring on the political thriller as Harrison Wright for all three seasons, announced his decision in a statement on Friday, reported the New York Daily News.

"At this time, I must confirm my exit from a show I've called home for three years, with what is the most talented ensemble on television today," Short said. "I would like to first thank Shonda Rhimes for the opportunity to work with such an amazing cast."

"Everything must come to an end, and unfortunately the time has come for Harrison Wright to exit the canvas," Short said. "I wish nothing but the best for Shonda, Kerry and the rest of the cast, who have become like a second family to me in such a short amount of time. For this, I will forever be grateful."

Short currently has two criminal cases pending. The first implicates the actor for felony battery for allegedly seriously injuring a man outside a West Hollywood restaurant in March. Short could be sentenced to four years behind bars if convicted.

The Stomp the Yard actor also been charged with misdemeanor spousal battery after an alleged attack on his wife, Tuere Short, back in February. Although he’s pleaded not guilty, in a March 5 hearing, he was ordered to keep his distance from his wife. He’ll face the charge in court May 13.

On April 15, Tuere Short filed for divorce from Columbus Short. She also obtained a temporary restraining order, claiming that the actor had tried to choke her while threatening to kill both of them earlier in the month. Tuere is also seeking full custody of their two-year-old daughter.

– Chelsea Regan

uInterview

Recent Posts

Chair Of Prince Harry’s Africa Charity Accuses Him Of ‘Harassment & Bullying At Scale’

She asserted, “Beneath all of the victim narrative and fiction that has been syndicated to…

10 hours ago

Kanye West Says That He Didn’t Want To Have Kids With Kim Kardashian – But It Was ‘God’s Will’

West’s extensive and inflammatory comments were complimented by his outfit choice, a black KKK-inspired leather…

15 hours ago

Barron Trump Shows Off $50,000 Daytona Watch On Spring Break; Fans Call It ‘Perfect Watch For King Barron’

Over the weekend, Donald Trump's youngest son, Barron, was spotted entering Trump Tower in New…

17 hours ago

EXCLUSIVE VIDEO: Aleyse Shannon & Beth Riesgraf Answer Burning Fan Questions On Season 3 Of ‘Leverage: Redemption’

Season three of Leverage: Redemption is set to premiere the first three episodes exclusively on…

19 hours ago

Photos Reveal Filthy Conditions That Kimberly Sullivan Kept Kidnapped Stepson For 21 Years

A first responder from the fire department reported, “The victim was circled up in a…

20 hours ago

​Yankees’ Star Brett Gardner’s 14-Year-Old Son Died Of Carbon Monoxide Poisoning

Miller Gardner, the 14-year-old son of former New York Yankees outfielder Brett Gardner, died from carbon…

21 hours ago