News

Chrisette Michele Joins Trump’s Small Inauguration Lineup

Chrisette Michele joined Donald Trump‘s small celebrity list of performers for his inauguration night.

CHRISETTE MICHELE WILL PERFORM ON INAUGURATION NIGHT

It appears the deal was reached a week ago, but representatives for Michele did not want to spread the news for fear of backlash and criticism. Especially after seeing how fans reacted when Jennifer Holliday said she would perform, and ultimately withdrew, citing a “lapse in judgement.”

Michele apparently agreed to perform as long as she could do an R&B set. She joins country singers Toby Keith and Lee Greenwood, as well as 81-year-old Motown singer Sam Moore and rock band 3 Doors Down as inauguration performers.

“Today, I hope that Great Moments begin in peaceful & progressive conversation,” she said in an attempt to explain her decision. “I am willing to be a bridge. I don’t mind ‘These Stones,’ if they allow me to be a voice for the voiceless. I am here.”

Michele won a Grammy in 2009, and recently left Motown to start her own label. Mere minutes after the announcement that she would perform for Trump, the Starland Ballroom in New Jersey canceled her upcoming gig that was supposed to be on Thursday. The Tonight Show bandleader Questlove even reached out to the singer and said he would pay her not to perform.

Despite these pleas, Michele’s reps have confirmed her plan to sing. She will reportedly be reimbursed $750,000 for the performance.

Hillary Luehring-Jones

Recent Posts

VIDEO: Researchers Stunned To See Octopus Hitching A Ride On Back Of A Shark

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/UTnTQEk-dEU A research team from the University of Auckland was out studying feeding frenzies when…

2 hours ago

VIDEO EXCLUSIVE: Oklahoma City Bombing Survivor Amy Down Shares Her Memories Of The Attack

"For the first time I looked around I could see and I just remember thinking…

3 hours ago

Meghan Trainor Comes Clean About Using Weight-Loss Drug Mounjaro After Persistent Rumors

At the 2025 Billboard Women in Music event on Saturday, March 29, Trainor told Entertainment…

5 hours ago

Meghan Markle Defends Her Numerous Business Ventures In Post-Royal Career: ‘I Need to Work’

​ Meghan Markle, the Duchess of Sussex, has addressed criticism regarding her numerous business ventures…

7 hours ago

Macaulay Culkin Says He Hasn’t Spoken To Dad In Decades: ‘I Think He Kinda Hated Me’

Culkin previously accused his father of emotional and physical abuse, an allegation that led to…

10 hours ago

Hunter Biden Agrees To Give Up His Law License In Washington, D.C.

Former President Joe Biden's son, Hunter Biden, has agreed to surrender his license to practice…

12 hours ago