Ashley Greene’s West Hollywood Condo Destroyed In Fire
Ashley Greene, Twilight star, had her West Hollywood condo go up in flames when an unattended candle lit her living room on fire while she, her boyfriend and her brother were asleep on Friday.
Greene and the two men evacuated the condo once they noticed that there was a fire. When they realized that Greene’s two dogs were still inside, they tried to go back to rescue them, but were ultimately unsuccessful. One of her dogs survived, but the other that was trapped under the bed died. Greene was caught on camera in the aftermath, appearing devastated at the loss of one her toy fox terriers.
Following the blaze, the L.A. County Sheriff’s Department, the L.A. Fire Department and the insurance company all opened arson investigations, according to TMZ. They all concurred that a candle caused the fire and had resulted from carelessness.
Greene’s condo will have to be completely gutted from the damage caused by the fire that tore through it over the weekend. The walls will have to be torn down and the floor removed and replaced. Four other units in the building will require repairs for moisture damage.
Greene has two post-Twilight films due out in 2013: CBGB, about the famed New York City punk-rock nightclub, and Random opposite Lucas Til.
Get the most-revealing celebrity conversations with the uInterview podcast!