Phil Dalhausser Video Interview, U.S. Olympic Volleyball Player
Phil Dalhausser isn’t your typical American athlete. For starters, he was actually born in Baden, Aargau, Switzerland to a German father and a Swiss mother. Moreover, Dalhausser didn’t start out playing volleyball, a sport that he and his volleyball partner, Todd Rogers, have come to dominate, until much later in life than a lot of his fellow Olympians. “I started playing volleyball when I was a senior in high school. I had a late start …. Once I got out there, I picked up the sport pretty easily. Everything came natural to me, and I became obsessed with the sport,” Dalhausser told Uinterview in an exclusive video interview.
Back at the 2008 Olympic Games in Beijing, Dalhausser and Rogers brought home the gold medal for Beach Volleyball in large part due to Dalhausser’s incredible play. Some, including Rogers, have been known to suggest that Dalhausser may be the best Beach Volleyball player in the world.
Dalhausser and Rogers came into the 2012 games in London with high expectations to bring back another gold medal, however they failed to medal this time around. Still, Dalhausser still took time to enjoy the whole experience. “It’s a pretty darn cool feeling,” Dalhausser said about representing his country in the Olympics.
| Get Uinterview's FREE iPhone App To Record Celebrity Video Questions + Get Daily News Updates here!
- Q: What’s your workout regimen in preparation for the Olympics? - Uinterview User
- A: During the off-season is when we do most of our training. It’s when we have the most time. When we are on the road, it’s kind of hard to get a couple of workouts in during the week. But [on] a regular day in the off-season I’ll get up and meet Todd at the beach around 9 o’clock, play till about noon, I’ll go home and eat some lunch. And in the afternoon I’ll hit the gym for a couple of hours, and after the gym I’ll stretch and roll and ice and I’ll get some dinner. That will be my day.
- Q: How did you first become interested in beach volleyball? - Uinterview User
- A: I started playing volleyball when I was a senior in high school. I had a late start. My math teacher was the coach of the volleyball team and asked me to come out. My best buddy was on the team and pushed me towards volleyball as well. Once I got out there, I picked up the sport pretty easily. Everything came natural to me and I became obsessed with the sport.
- Q: What does it feel like to represent the USA in the 2012 Olympics? - Uinterview User
- A: Obviously, it’s a huge honor. We get to do it just about every weekend in the summer during the tour — the Beach Volleyball World Tour — but obviously in the Olympics it’s a way bigger deal. It’s a pretty darn cool feeling.
- Q: Do you or your teammate have any rituals before a match? - Uinterview User
- A: I wouldn’t say we have any rituals. We both basically do the same warm-up before every match and that kind of gets me into the mindset of, ‘Alright, it’s time to play.’ It helps me focus so I’ll be prepared for the match.
Most Popular Videos
- Jane Lynch And Craig Robinson Video Interview On 'Escape From Planet Earth'
- George Lopez Video Interview On 'Escape From Planet Earth'
- Dylan O'Brien Video Interview On 'The Internship,' Google, Vince Vaughn
- Dave Franco & Isla Fisher Video Interview On 'Now You See Me,' Magic
- Clive Owen Video Interview On 'Shadow Dancer,' Playing An MI-5 Agent
Top Comedy Videos
Most Popular News
- 'Game Of Thrones' Recap: Robb Stark, Talisa, Catelyn Murdered At The Red Wedding
- Victoria Beckham & Son Brooklyn Beckham Attend Glamour Women Of The Year Awards
- ‘Diana’ Biopic Teaser Trailer With Naomi Watts Is Released
- Heidi Klum, Martin Kristen Run & Make Up After Public Spat
- Cassadee Pope Performs ‘Wasting All These Tears’ On ‘The Voice’ [VIDEO]