Jessica Hardy Video Interview, U.S. Olympic Swimmer
Jessica Hardy is no stranger to winning world competitions, and the 2012 London games proved to be no exception. Competing in her first-ever Olympics (she qualified in 2008 but tested positive for a banned substance and was not allowed to compete), Hardy nabbed a gold medal in the 4x100m medley relays and bronze in the 4x100m freestyle, far suprassing the goals she posed to Uinterview before the Games.
"I think for me, the biggest goal I have is to just make it," Hardy told Uinterivew exclusively. "Since I was a five year old kid watching the Olympics on TV that's what I dreamt to do—to just make it. And to hopefully have the chance to qualify in as many events as I did in 2008. And to do as best as possible, the best that I can, I'll be happy.
Outside of the water, the Olympic medalist Hardy, a California native, seems to embody the laid back Californian persona. Before competitions, Hardy likes to take it easy. “I definitely like to chat with my friends to stay relaxed, and listen to music. Just have fun and enjoy the moment before I swim,” observes Hardy.
| Get Uinterview's FREE iPhone App To Record Celebrity Video Questions + Get Daily News Updates here!
- Q: What's your workout regimen in preparation for the Olympics? - Uinterview User
- A: I swim every morning for two and a half hours, and I do a ton of dry land [training] from running, cycling, yoga, Pilates, and weight lifting, just a combination of all that. I do that every day of the week.
- Q: How do you prepare yourself mentally for competition? - Uinterview User
- A: Every morning before I compete on a competition day, I like to have a small breakfast and a cup of coffee. I do the same stretching routine. And I definitely like to chat with my friends to stay relaxed, and listen to music. Just have fun and enjoy the moment before I swim.
- Q: What is your biggest goal in this year's Olympics? - Uinterview User
- A: That's a good question. I think for me, the biggest goal I have is to just make it. Since I was a five year old kid watching the Olympics on TV that's what I dreamt to do—to just make it. And to hopefully have the chance to qualify in as many events as I did in 2008. And to do as best as possible, the best that I can, I'll be happy.
Most Popular Videos
- Jane Lynch And Craig Robinson Video Interview On 'Escape From Planet Earth'
- Adrien Brody Video Interview On Judging The Bombay Sapphire Imagination Film Series, Playing Houdini
- George Lopez Video Interview On 'Escape From Planet Earth'
- Thandie Newton Video Interview On 'Rogue,' Learning To Shoot A Gun
- Kevin Smith Video Interview On His New Book, 'Tough Sh*t,' Mitt Romeny, Bruce Willis
Top Comedy Videos
Most Popular News
- Magic Johnson’s Gay Son EJ Johnson Takes Relationship Public
- ‘American Idol’ Recap: Angie Miller Says Goodbye
- Cameron Diaz, Leslie Mann Get Fiesty
- Jennifer Lopez Films 'Live It Up' Music Video, Gunshots Fired During On Set Interview
- Angelina Jolie Has Double Mastectomy To Reduce Breast Cancer Risk, Shares Story
Sex & Sci-Fi: Summer's Hottest Movies & Men - Your Tango
- Celebrity Sex Talk: 6 Craziest Things Heard This Week - Your Tango
- ‘Spring Breakers’ Review: The 10 Most Depraved, Parent-Shocking Moments - MovieFone
- 10 Hot Hollywood Husbands Changing The World - Your Tango
- Taylor Swift Cozying Up With Harry Styles - PlanetFashionTV