McKayla Maroney Video Interview, U.S. Olympic Gymnast
McKayla Maroney may only be 16 years old, but she’s already one of the greatest gymnasts in the world. At the 2011 World Artistic Gymnastics Championships in Tokyo, Japan, Maroney won the gold medal for individual vault, and her impressive floor performance helped the U.S. team also bring back the gold. Since then, Maroney has been a force to be reckoned with, and now she has her sights set on this summer’s Olympic Games in London, where she's competing with teammates Gabby Douglas, Jordyn Wieber, Aly Raisman and Kyla Ross. “For some of my goals I know that I really want to get the gold medal for vault, because I’ve been working so hard for that, I definitely want to have that gold medal,” Maroney tells Uinterview in an exclusive interview.
Maroney, a California native, says that one of the secrets of her success is salmon. “I think it gives me the most energy and I had it on the second day before Visa’s, and I had one of the best competitions ever, it’s kind of now like a superstitious food, I think that’s like a lucky food for me,” admits Maroney.
Though Maroney is still young, that doesn’t stop her from thinking about the future. “After gymnastics I know that I want to be an actress, that sort of thing seems really fun to me,” she says.
| Get Uinterview's FREE iPhone App To Record Celebrity Video Questions + Get Daily News Updates here!
- Q: What’s your workout regimen in preparation for the Olympics? - Uinterview User
- A: I go to the chiropractor and I do massages and nutrition is very important. You have to be healthy. To get enough energy for the day to accomplish your tasks at the gym, you have to be healthy and that’s one of the most important things.
- Q: How do you prepare mentally for completion? - Uinterview User
- A: You just wake up, you kind of relax a little bit, you kind of try to stay in the zone, you get ready, put your leotard on, do your hair and make-up, and listen to music, again eat something good before your competition and just to try stay in that zone and get ready for your competition.
- Q: What’s your diet regimen in preparation for the Games? - Uinterview User
- A: I think my favorite food before a competition is salmon and salad, I think it gives me the most energy and I had it on the second day before Visa’s, and I had one of the best competitions ever, it’s kind of now like a superstitious food, I think that’s like a lucky food for me.
- Q: What’s your biggest goal in this year’s Olympics? - Uinterview User
- A: For some of my goals I know that I really want to get the gold medal for vault, because I’ve been working so hard for that, I definitely want to have that gold medal. And after gymnastics I know that I want to be an actress, that sort of thing seems really fun for me.
Most Popular Videos
- Jane Lynch And Craig Robinson Video Interview On 'Escape From Planet Earth'
- Adrien Brody Video Interview On Judging The Bombay Sapphire Imagination Film Series, Playing Houdini
- George Lopez Video Interview On 'Escape From Planet Earth'
- Thandie Newton Video Interview On 'Rogue,' Learning To Shoot A Gun
- Kevin Smith Video Interview On His New Book, 'Tough Sh*t,' Mitt Romeny, Bruce Willis
Top Comedy Videos
Most Popular News
- Magic Johnson’s Gay Son EJ Johnson Takes Relationship Public
- ‘American Idol’ Recap: Angie Miller Says Goodbye
- Cameron Diaz, Leslie Mann Get Fiesty
- Will Ferrell And Chirstina Applegate Film ‘Anchorman: The Legend Continues’
- Jennifer Lopez Films 'Live It Up' Music Video, Gunshots Fired During On Set Interview
Sex & Sci-Fi: Summer's Hottest Movies & Men - Your Tango
- Celebrity Sex Talk: 6 Craziest Things Heard This Week - Your Tango
- Why ‘Man of Steel’ Didn’t Use ‘Superman’ in the Title - MovieFone
- 10 Hot Hollywood Husbands Changing The World - Your Tango
- Taylor Swift Cozying Up With Harry Styles - PlanetFashionTV