Jordyn Wieber Video Interview, U.S. Olympic Gymnast
Jordyn Wieber, the 17-year-old artistic gymnast, came into the 2012 Olympic games with a specific goal in mind. Though Wieber has had much success individually — she won the all-around gold medal at the 2011 Gymnastic World Championships in Tokyo — this summer Wieber was focused on the U.S. gymnastics team as a whole. “To represent USA would be such an honor and our first priority would be the team competition, so getting the team gold would be the first goal,” remarks Wieber in an exclusive interview with Uinterview.
Wieber, who was born in Michigan, began gymnastics at a young age. “I first started when I was about four. My mom and dad kinda put me in gymnastics because they noticed I had a lot of muscle definition and they thought it would be a good fit just 'cause I was strong and then when I was about six or seven, I started competing,” Wieber told us.
Though Wieber has high expectations for this summer's Olympic games in London, she isn’t going to let the pressure affect her. “But I've learned to just calm down and really just kinda, like I said, get in my zone and just do what I know how to do.”
| Get Uinterview's FREE iPhone App To Record Celebrity Video Questions + Get Daily News Updates here!
- Q: How do you prepare yourself mentally for competition? - Uinterview User
- A: Before a competition I usually just kinda get in my zone. You know, just stay really focused and kinda visualize my routines in my head and that helps me a lot. Also, just pretending like it's another practice. When we first get there we usually run first, and then we stretch, and then we do a little bit of conditioning just to get our bodies moving and warmed up, and then we will start with the event.
- Q: What's your diet regimen in preparation for the Games? - Uinterview User
- A: Before competitions we usually try to eat things that are going to give us energy, just to fuel our bodies. Usually protein and vegetables and things like that. And then one indulgence I probably have is probably any kind of dessert, because I don’t really get to eat dessert that often.
- Q: Do you ever get nervous before an event? - Uinterview User
- A: I'm kinda used to dealing with nerves, you know. Sometimes when you get to an arena and it's big and there's a lot of people watching it can get a little overwhelming. But I've learned to just calm down and really just kinda, like I said, get in my zone and just do what I know how to do.
- Q: What are your goals going into the Summer Games? - Uinterview User
- A: To represent USA would be such an honor and our first priority would be the team competition, so getting the team gold would be the first goal.
- Q: What is your favorite event to compete in? - Uinterview User
- A: My favorite event is either vault or beam. I like vault because it's kinda a power event, so that's my favorite. And then beam has been my favorite ever since I was younger, so I've just enjoyed learning new skills. It sounds weird, but flipping on a four inch beam is fun.
- Q: When did you first become interested in gymnastics? - Uinterview User
- A: I first started when I was about four. My mom and dad kinda put me in gymnastics because they noticed I had a lot of muscle definition and they thought it would be a good fit just cause I was strong. And then I just started taking little baby classes and running around the gym, and then when I was about 6 or 7 I started competing.
Most Popular Videos
- Jane Lynch And Craig Robinson Video Interview On 'Escape From Planet Earth'
- Adrien Brody Video Interview On Judging The Bombay Sapphire Imagination Film Series, Playing Houdini
- Thandie Newton Video Interview On 'Rogue,' Learning To Shoot A Gun
- George Lopez Video Interview On 'Escape From Planet Earth'
- Kevin Smith Video Interview On His New Book, 'Tough Sh*t,' Mitt Romeny, Bruce Willis
Top Comedy Videos
Most Popular News
Sex & Sci-Fi: Summer's Hottest Movies & Men - Your Tango
- Celebrity Sex Talk: 6 Craziest Things Heard This Week - Your Tango
- ‘Spring Breakers’ Review: The 10 Most Depraved, Parent-Shocking Moments - MovieFone
- 10 Hot Hollywood Husbands Changing The World - Your Tango
- Taylor Swift Cozying Up With Harry Styles - PlanetFashionTV