Taraji P. Henson
She's the star of the #1 movie Tyler Perry's I Can Do Bad All By Myself and an Oscar nominee for Benjamin Button. Taraji P. Henson takes questions exclusively for users of Uinterview.com.
- Q: What was it like working with Tyler Perry on his movies? - Misha, Philadelphia - Uinterview User
- A: What I love about Tyler Perry is his process. It's very reminiscent of my training at Howard [University] and it's hardcore. I think that's why I've developed such a tough skin for the industry because of my training from Howard. They didn't tiptoe around the bushes. If you sucked, they told. If you hit a wrong note you would be replaced in an instant so Tyler works like that. He's sorta in the scene with you. It's very rare that he sits in video village which is down the hall and around the corner. He's right in the scene, he's looking at his little monitor, and he looks at you, he looks at the monitor and he yells 'Cut!' and you either sell him on it or you don't. And he'll let you know, he'll say 'I don't believe you.' To me that translates as 'dig deeper' and I love that about him because he won't allow me to use my wicked bag of tricks, cause I do have a wicked bag of tricks. That will work and do the job just fine, but I always promised myself that if I ever got complacent and comfortable I'd just walk away from the business, I'd retire cause I love what I do and I wanna stay passionate and driven for the craft of acting.
- Q: What was your favorite moment working with Tyler Perry? - Uinterview User
- A: I loved working with Medea. I love that character. It was hard to keep a straight face. He'd stand there, and he has on these saggy boobs, big padded butt, wig, makeup and nail polish and talking like Medea, and all of sudden he's like, [deep voice] 'Cut!' And I'm like, 'Wait a second dude! If you are going be dressed like Medea and can you at least talk like her? Because you are confusing me here!'
- Q: There such great music in the movie. What was it like working Mary J. Blige? - Uinterview
- A: I think she's an amazing artist and then I just got to know her and she just shines. And it makes me understand why I love her music so much. Doing my scene with Mary, she was very nervous, understandably so, acting is not her first profession. She started getting nervous and she clammed up. So Tyler came over and whispered to me, 'Just give it to her. Go off the script, and let her have it.' And I'm like, 'I canâ€™t! This is Mary J. Blige!' and he was like, 'You better do it!' So I started screaming these profanities at her and she just came to life. That moment is so real and it's in the movie.
Most Popular Videos
- Jane Lynch And Craig Robinson Video Interview On 'Escape From Planet Earth'
- Adrien Brody Video Interview On Judging The Bombay Sapphire Imagination Film Series, Playing Houdini
- George Lopez Video Interview On 'Escape From Planet Earth'
- Thandie Newton Video Interview On 'Rogue,' Learning To Shoot A Gun
- Kevin Smith Video Interview On His New Book, 'Tough Sh*t,' Mitt Romeny, Bruce Willis
Top Comedy Videos
Most Popular News
- Magic Johnson’s Gay Son EJ Johnson Takes Relationship Public
- ‘American Idol’ Recap: Angie Miller Says Goodbye
- Cameron Diaz, Leslie Mann Get Fiesty
- Jennifer Lopez Films 'Live It Up' Music Video, Gunshots Fired During On Set Interview
- Angelina Jolie Has Double Mastectomy To Reduce Breast Cancer Risk, Shares Story
Sex & Sci-Fi: Summer's Hottest Movies & Men - Your Tango
- Celebrity Sex Talk: 6 Craziest Things Heard This Week - Your Tango
- ‘Spring Breakers’ Review: The 10 Most Depraved, Parent-Shocking Moments - MovieFone
- 10 Hot Hollywood Husbands Changing The World - Your Tango
- Taylor Swift Cozying Up With Harry Styles - PlanetFashionTV