Richard Kind On The Coen Brothers, 'A Serious Man'
Richard Kind, co-star of the Coen Brothers' A Serious Man, takes questions from users of Uinterview.com.
- Q: How did you get the role? - Ming, Lexington, KY - Uinterview User
- A: I started off auditioning for the role that Adam Arkin plays. I didn't get it. Then I auditioned for the role that George Wyner plays and finally I auditioned for the role that I did play and I got that one.
- Q: What was it like working with the Coen brothers? Was there a specific experience that summed up your time working with them? - Ming, Lexington, KY - Uinterview User
- A: I remember I had an idea when we were in the room rehearsing. I said, 'Wouldn't it be fun to put this in?' They said 'Yeah that's a terrific idea. Let's use that.' Then I did find a place and I thought, 'Let's use it there.' Joel said, 'Sure, sure.' Then I did it and he goes 'You know, I didn't think it would work but it does. Let's use it, it looks great.' It's just an idea of them saying 'Yes yes yes.' They could say, 'No it doesn't work,' but they go 'Yeah!' When they're doubting you, they know that you're bringing something to the table so they say, 'Sure!'
- Q: I understand this movie is autobiographical for the Coen brothers. Did they know anyone similar to Uncle Arthur? - Joe, Kansas - Uinterview User
- A: It's not, it really isn't. It just takes place in a town that they knew but I can't really say that it is autobiographical. At least that is the impression that I got.
- Q: Do you think the movie has a message? - Joe, Kansas - Uinterview User
- A: Yes, but I think the Coens would knock me upset the head if I said what I got out of it because I think what they want you to do is go to the movie, think about it, take the ride that this poor guy takes, and when it's over and it ends in that bizarre way, feel how it ends and not be prejudiced by what I think or even think what I think. I talked to somebody who, at the beginning of the movie with that little parable, he thought that meant something so completely different than what I thought and he's justified in thinking that. I thought, 'Wow that's fantastic.'
Most Popular Videos
- Jane Lynch And Craig Robinson Video Interview On 'Escape From Planet Earth'
- Adrien Brody Video Interview On Judging The Bombay Sapphire Imagination Film Series, Playing Houdini
- George Lopez Video Interview On 'Escape From Planet Earth'
- Thandie Newton Video Interview On 'Rogue,' Learning To Shoot A Gun
- Kevin Smith Video Interview On His New Book, 'Tough Sh*t,' Mitt Romeny, Bruce Willis
Top Comedy Videos
Most Popular News
- Magic Johnson’s Gay Son EJ Johnson Takes Relationship Public
- ‘American Idol’ Recap: Angie Miller Says Goodbye
- Cameron Diaz, Leslie Mann Get Fiesty
- Jennifer Lopez Films 'Live It Up' Music Video, Gunshots Fired During On Set Interview
- Will Ferrell And Chirstina Applegate Film ‘Anchorman: The Legend Continues’
Sex & Sci-Fi: Summer's Hottest Movies & Men - Your Tango
- Celebrity Sex Talk: 6 Craziest Things Heard This Week - Your Tango
- Why ‘Man of Steel’ Didn’t Use ‘Superman’ in the Title - MovieFone
- 10 Hot Hollywood Husbands Changing The World - Your Tango
- Taylor Swift Cozying Up With Harry Styles - PlanetFashionTV