Olivia Williams Video Interview On 'Last Days On Mars' At Cannes
Olivia Williams spoke with Uinterview about her new film Last Days On Mars with Liev Schreiber at the Cannes Film Festival. In the film, Williams slips into an astronaut suit for her visit to Mars in a mission that turns into a living nightmare. For the actress, playing the role of Kim Aldrich felt just as difficult as being an actual astronaut. “I flew in from Vancouver where I was shooting for The Seventh Sun and got out of the snowy, rainy and muddy costume and into a space suit and ran up and down a sand dune about 50 times in a row,” Williams told Uinterview exclusively. “Space suits really confine you, both as an actor and a human being.”
Williams first appeared in the film adaptation of Jane Austin’s 1816 classic Emma and then appeared in the post-apocalyptic film The Postman. She recently played First Lady Eleanor Roosevelt in Hyde Park on Hudson — and saw a lot of parrallels with her Mars character. "I just played Eleanor Roosevelt, Eleanor Roosevelt basically in a space suit," she told Uinterview. "I wanted to play more of Eleanor, I mean I’m not kidding!
Most Popular Videos
Scarlett Johansson And Joseph Gordon-Levitt On 'Don Jon,' Sex Scenes
Wong Kar-wai Video Interview On 'The Grandmaster'
Dave Franco & Isla Fisher Video Interview On 'Now You See Me,' Magic
Daytona 500 Winner Dale Earnhardt, Jr.
June Squibb On 'Nebraska,' Bruce Dern, Alexander Payne, Her Oscar Nomination
Top Comedy Videos
Most Popular News
- Sidney Poitier Receives Standing Ovation While Presenting Best Director At The Oscars
- Marc Anthony Collects 4 Awards At Premio Lo Nuestro A La Musica Latina Gala
- 'Fantastic Four' Casting: Michael B. Jordan And Kate Mara Confirmed For Reboot, Miles Teller And Jamie Bell Rumored
- Simon Cowell Walks His Two Dogs Shirtless
- '300: Rise Of An Empire' Review Roundup: Epic Sequel Doesn't Fare Well With Critics
Harry Connick, Jr: 'I Married The Girl Of My Dreams' - Your Tango