Michael Gambon & Robbie Coltrane Video Interview On 'Harry Potter'
Harry Potter's Michael Gambon & Robbie Coltrane take questions exclusively from users of Uinterview.com.
| Get Uinterview's FREE iPhone App To Record Celebrity Video Questions + Get Daily News Updates here!
- Q: Hi Michael and Robbie, this is Andy from New Jersey, did you feel you had to be loyal to the Harry Potter books when making the movie? - Andy Bankin
- A: ROBBIE: The book came first and also I got fantastically detailed information from Jo Rowling because she has an encyclopedic knowledge of every character that appears in any of the books. Quite breathtaking. I was trying to catch her up. Saying, "So what about Snape? What age was he when..." And she says, "Oh, 14," and she loves all that stuff. I get very good guidance from her really. And then once I'd worked out what it was supposed to be like. It's just a matter of not bumping into the furniture, really. MICHAL: Keep your head up. ROBBIE: Exactly, for the first two films, all the direction was on the children, because they were just kids in these huge great sets. So, Christopher was kind of tied up with that.
- Q: What was it like seeing Daniel Randcliffe grow up in front of the camera? - Andy Bankin
- A: ROBBIE: I didn't become an actor until I was about 27. So I never played a young person. I've never been a young person as an actor. I didn't really know quite what he was going through. But he was going through the usual stuff that you go through in your adolescence. But, in the midst of glaring lights, and they had to do all their schoolwork and so forth. And they were almost on all the time. In the first two films, they were almost not off the screen. MICHAEL: He was amazing though. The day they found Daniel they struck gold. Perfect. ROBBIE: Definitely. And the other too. MICHAEL: What I took out of it. I was very anxious, and I got a note from J.K. Rowling. I don't know really, and she just said he seemed like a bit of a hippy. Which I thought was good. They didn't seem to mind that. The flowing costumes and the silk. It was a bit hippyish. I think she quite liked that.
Most Popular Videos
- Jane Lynch And Craig Robinson Video Interview On 'Escape From Planet Earth'
- Adrien Brody Video Interview On Judging The Bombay Sapphire Imagination Film Series, Playing Houdini
- George Lopez Video Interview On 'Escape From Planet Earth'
- Thandie Newton Video Interview On 'Rogue,' Learning To Shoot A Gun
- Kevin Smith Video Interview On His New Book, 'Tough Sh*t,' Mitt Romeny, Bruce Willis
Top Comedy Videos
Most Popular News
- Magic Johnson’s Gay Son EJ Johnson Takes Relationship Public
- ‘American Idol’ Recap: Angie Miller Says Goodbye
- Cameron Diaz, Leslie Mann Get Fiesty
- Jennifer Lopez Films 'Live It Up' Music Video, Gunshots Fired During On Set Interview
- Angelina Jolie Has Double Mastectomy To Reduce Breast Cancer Risk, Shares Story
Sex & Sci-Fi: Summer's Hottest Movies & Men - Your Tango
- Celebrity Sex Talk: 6 Craziest Things Heard This Week - Your Tango
- ‘Spring Breakers’ Review: The 10 Most Depraved, Parent-Shocking Moments - MovieFone
- 10 Hot Hollywood Husbands Changing The World - Your Tango
- Taylor Swift Cozying Up With Harry Styles - PlanetFashionTV