Marlon Wayans Video Interview On 'A Haunted House,' Getting Naked On Camera
A Haunted House stars Marlon Wayans, 40, and Essence Atkins, 40, as a married couple who move into a home filled with spirits, in a sendup of the Paranormal Activity movies. The role requires Wayans to reveal himself—literally. "In this movie, I'm like naked, like three and a half times," Wayans told Uinterview exclusively. "I literally don't care. When it comes to the laugh, I'm just like 'Let's go for it.' I will go ass out, any day for a laugh. I would literally set myself on fire for the laugh."
Wayans grew up in New York City, the youngest of ten siblings, who include some of the most prominent names in comedy — including Keenan Ivory Wayans, Damon Wayans, Kim Wayans and Shawn Wayans, with whom Marlon often collaborates. Marlon first came to stardom when he co-starred with Shawn on the WB's The Wayans Bros. from 1995 to 1999. He later received critical recognition for his work in Darren Aronofsky's Requiem for a Dream in 2000.
Marlon's dedication to winning laughs has earned him an unusual moniker. "My brother's always calling me Daffy Duck because there's this scene in Daffy Duck where he's competing with Bugs Bunny and so he blows himself up and he's going up to heaven and he's like 'You finally did it!' [And Daffy says,] 'Yeah, but I could only do this once,'" he told Uinterview. "That's me."
- Q: What was it like working with Cedric The Entertainer? - Uinterview User
- A: Ced is a blast, man. He's so much fun on screen, but I think he's a little heavy. So, after he finishes his take, he'll be like, 'Man, you know what to do with all this crazy stuff...' and then he just sleeps [snores]. ACTION! and then he just wakes up and is like, 'Boy, bop, bop, bop, bop.' and then cut! [snores]. And it's that loud snore that [snores loudly], that snore that wakes you up. But he was a lot of fun. My favorite scene with him was in the exorcism, when he starts doing the Sam Jackson stuff. It's hilarious because it's stuff that was written, but we did a take and was just like, because they take a toot of some yay, which is some blow, and so they're high, and so we did the whole scene and we're like, 'Just be high.' And so he just starts improvising. Him and Dave Koechner are like, 'Can I get into bed with you girl?' And he just starts going through all these random thoughts and literally, we were tearing. Him and Dave Koechner, and Koechner is doing this thing with his mouth, like the cocaine mouth. That scene had me hurting.
- Q: What was your favorite scene in the movie to shoot? - Uinterview User
- A: I don't know, there's so many. I love the whole sequence where the ghost makes the bed move, and then the windows blow open, and I'm trying to ignore it, and then the bed ratchets, and that loud scream and I'm just like, 'You know what? [screams]' Cut to, the moving truck, I'm like 'There's a ghost in the house. I'm out!' Because to me, that's like the quintessential moment that like every person... we all sit there and go, 'That's what I would do.' But there's so many more, I mean there are things that just kind of happened, like the whole stuffed animal sex scene. It makes me laugh because it came out of nowhere. And then I love the ending, when everybody gets together. The whole last 15 minutes are just a ball because all these people are coming to visit, and then at the end, it's like you hear certain things, it's like a band playing. The trumpet's playing when Dave Koechner comes in, and then they add some baseline with Nick Swardson, and then Cedric comes in and then he starts playing some drums. But then when you put them all together, and you hear how it all sounds, it's just a lot of fun.
- Q: Did you feel comfortable wearing the revealing costumes in this movie? - Uinterview User
- A: In this movie, I'm like naked, like three and a half times. I literally don't care. When it comes to the laugh, I'm just like, 'Let's go for it.' I will go ass out, any day for a laugh. I would literally set myself on fire for the laugh. Sad and desperate, I'm like Daffy Duck. My brother's always calling me Daffy Duck because there's this scene in Daffy Duck where he's competing with Bugs Bunny and so he blows himself up and he's going up to heaven and he's like, 'You finally did it!' [Daffy says,] 'Yeah, but I could only do this once.' That's me.
Most Popular Videos
- Jane Lynch And Craig Robinson Video Interview On 'Escape From Planet Earth'
- Adrien Brody Video Interview On Judging The Bombay Sapphire Imagination Film Series, Playing Houdini
- George Lopez Video Interview On 'Escape From Planet Earth'
- Thandie Newton Video Interview On 'Rogue,' Learning To Shoot A Gun
- Kevin Smith Video Interview On His New Book, 'Tough Sh*t,' Mitt Romeny, Bruce Willis
Top Comedy Videos
Most Popular News
- Magic Johnson’s Gay Son EJ Johnson Takes Relationship Public
- ‘American Idol’ Recap: Angie Miller Says Goodbye
- Cameron Diaz, Leslie Mann Get Fiesty
- Jennifer Lopez Films 'Live It Up' Music Video, Gunshots Fired During On Set Interview
- Angelina Jolie Has Double Mastectomy To Reduce Breast Cancer Risk, Shares Story
Sex & Sci-Fi: Summer's Hottest Movies & Men - Your Tango
- Celebrity Sex Talk: 6 Craziest Things Heard This Week - Your Tango
- ‘Spring Breakers’ Review: The 10 Most Depraved, Parent-Shocking Moments - MovieFone
- 10 Hot Hollywood Husbands Changing The World - Your Tango
- Taylor Swift Cozying Up With Harry Styles - PlanetFashionTV