Logan Lerman Video Interview On 'Perks Of Being A Wallflower'
Published in 1999, Stephen Chbosky’s first novel, The Perks of Being a Wallflower, received critical acclaim and became a cult favorite for its depiction of teenage life and the introversion and awkwardness that accompanies it. Thirteen years later, the book has come to the big screen. Directed by Chbosky, the film stars Logan Lerman as the protagonist, Charlie, as well as Ezra Miller, Emma Watson and Nina Dobrev as his crowd of eccentric misfits.
Born in Beverly Hills, Calif., Lerman, 20, began his film career playing Mel Gibson’s son in The Patriot (2000) and a younger version of Gibson in What Women Want (2000). But his first breakthrough role came as “Bobby” McCallister on the WB series Jack and Bobby. From there he went on to star in the movie Hoot, and appear in such films as The Number 23, 3:10 to Yuma, and Meet Bill. Lerman is perhaps best known for his work as Percy Jackson in Percy Jackson & The Olympians: The Lightning Thief (2010).
That Olympic-gear training may have come in handy while filming Wallflower. Lerman got to go shirtless — and pantless — in a gold thong for a scene in which he played Rocky from The Rocky Horror Picture Show. “That was uncomfortable,” Lerman told Uinterview exclusively. “It was one of the moments you try not to think about before you do it and you try to forget it really quickly afterwards. I was really nervous to see the film and check that scene out. But I saw the film recently and I was dreading seeing that sequence and I was really surprised. They had a lot more footage than what was shown in the film and they were really nice to kind of condense it into clips that would be suitable for like a PG-13 film, which was nice. “
- Q: How did you feel when Paul McCartney said he liked the movie? What emotion did you have? - Adrielle Messias
- A: That was the coolest. It was just one of the coolest moments in my life. You get to meet a Beatle and he’s complementing you the whole time? It’s insane. It was really cool.
- Q: What was it like to work with such an amazing cast? - Uinterview User
- A: We had so many good times, all of us as a cast. I guess, my favorite moments were when we would hang out together at our little hotel. We stayed at this Crown Plaza in the middle of the mall, this suburban area just outside of Pittsburgh. We’d get together and play music. It was pretty great. It was a great time.
- Q: Did you have any rituals to help you prepare for the set? - Uinterview User
- A: There were a lot of different things I did for prep. I’d say the most important thing that really helped me was isolation. Just getting time alone, which I had a few weeks before filming, just to be by myself with the script and some research. That helped a lot.
- Q: How do you come down after a difficult role and get back to yourself? - Uinterview User
- A: I mean it was just really nice to be around my family and friends and just getting out of that whole awkward, you know, teenage --- especially Charlie in the film, because he’s extremely awkward and introverted, sweet and naïve. It was nice to leave that all behind and go back to my life right before we had the filming.
- Q: How did you feel about the scene where you wore a golden thong? - Uinterview User
- A: That was uncomfortable. It was one of the moments you try not to think about before you do it and you try to forget it really quickly afterwards. I was really nervous to see the film and check that scene out. But I saw the film recently and I was dreading seeing that sequence and I was really surprised. They had a lot more footage than what was shown in the film and they were really nice to kind of condense it into clips that would be suitable for like a PG-13 film, which was nice.
Most Popular Videos
- Jane Lynch And Craig Robinson Video Interview On 'Escape From Planet Earth'
- Adrien Brody Video Interview On Judging The Bombay Sapphire Imagination Film Series, Playing Houdini
- George Lopez Video Interview On 'Escape From Planet Earth'
- Thandie Newton Video Interview On 'Rogue,' Learning To Shoot A Gun
- Kevin Smith Video Interview On His New Book, 'Tough Sh*t,' Mitt Romeny, Bruce Willis
Top Comedy Videos
Most Popular News
- Magic Johnson’s Gay Son EJ Johnson Takes Relationship Public
- ‘American Idol’ Recap: Angie Miller Says Goodbye
- Cameron Diaz, Leslie Mann Get Fiesty
- Jennifer Lopez Films 'Live It Up' Music Video, Gunshots Fired During On Set Interview
- Angelina Jolie Has Double Mastectomy To Reduce Breast Cancer Risk, Shares Story
Sex & Sci-Fi: Summer's Hottest Movies & Men - Your Tango
- Celebrity Sex Talk: 6 Craziest Things Heard This Week - Your Tango
- ‘Spring Breakers’ Review: The 10 Most Depraved, Parent-Shocking Moments - MovieFone
- 10 Hot Hollywood Husbands Changing The World - Your Tango
- Taylor Swift Cozying Up With Harry Styles - PlanetFashionTV