Kevin Hart Video Interview On 'The Five-Year Engagement'
It's been a big year for comedian Kevin Hart, 32. In addition to hosting the 2012 MTV Video Music Awards, the Philadelphia native had roles in the wildy popular Think Like a Man and The Five-Year Engagement, the latter of which starred comedic talents Jason Segel, Emily Blunt, Chris Pratt and Brian Posehn.
Even amid this group of talent, in Hart's opinion, Blunt was the funniest person on set. "We had a day where we were improvising and she literally could not keep it together,” Hart told Uinterview exclusively. “Just this one thing had her laugh for a least – it might have been two hours of giggles. Her laughing was like a trickle effect. Everybody else started to laugh. We – literally for like two hours – we couldn’t get through a take.”
In The Five-Year Engagement, Hart’s character, Doug, seeks to conduct higher-education research on, er, self-gratification. “There’s an improvisational scene where I am trying to convince people that if the study is done correctly, it can stop war,” Hart told Uinterview. “Like, if we can get our enemies to pleasure themselves, war would be stopped. And, I was kind of going off-book. It got to a point where I was just too far gone and the director really had to start laughing and bring me back to a place that actually made sense, because I wasn’t making any sense.”
| Get Uinterview's FREE iPhone App To Record Celebrity Video Questions + Get Daily News Updates here!
More Kevin Hart news here:
- Q: During the filming, who was the funniest on set? - Uinterview User
- A: I’m going to have to go with Emily. Emily Blunt is beyond hilarious, man. First and foremost, her personality is amazing. She is so laidback and that’s one of her great qualities and it kind of shines on set. So, you know, in a work environment, she’s fun, she’s not afraid to laugh and have a good time outside of takes, and I think that’s what makes her that much of a better actress. In this particular movie, improvisation was done a lot and, because of it, sometimes you would catch people off guard. We had a day where we were improvising and she, literally, could not keep it together. Just this one thing had her laugh – for a least – it might have been two hours of giggles. Her laughing was like a trickle effect. Everybody else started to laugh. We – literally for like two hours — we couldn’t get through a take.
- Q: What was the funniest scene that you got to be in? - Uinterview User
- A: Well my character studies — how can I word this? My particular character is obsessed with things that people do to pleasure themselves when they are by themselves. OK? I am PG 13-ing this up. And because he studies this he’s a Psychology Major, this is a real study for him — he’s trying to figure out why people do it and if it’s done correctly what is the good that can come from it. And there’s an improvisational scene where I am trying to convince people that if the study is done correctly, it can stop war. Like, if we can get our enemies to pleasure themselves, war would be stopped. And – I was kind of going off-book. It got to a point where I was just too far gone and the director really had to start laughing and bring me back to a place that actually made sense, because I wasn’t making any sense.
- Q: Would you ever put your career on hold to help the career of your significant other? - Uinterview User
- A: It would have to be a heck of a fiancée right now because my career is in a good place. You know you can never say never. You don’t know what will happen in your future. You don’t know what type of love you will fall in. You know, there are different levels of love. If I get to that high level, who knows? It could be a possibility. Right now, I know the only woman that has that control over me is my daughter. If my daughter got to a point and I needed to stop, put something on hold, I would have to.
Most Popular Videos
- Jane Lynch And Craig Robinson Video Interview On 'Escape From Planet Earth'
- Adrien Brody Video Interview On Judging The Bombay Sapphire Imagination Film Series, Playing Houdini
- George Lopez Video Interview On 'Escape From Planet Earth'
- Thandie Newton Video Interview On 'Rogue,' Learning To Shoot A Gun
- Kevin Smith Video Interview On His New Book, 'Tough Sh*t,' Mitt Romeny, Bruce Willis
Top Comedy Videos
Most Popular News
- Magic Johnson’s Gay Son EJ Johnson Takes Relationship Public
- ‘American Idol’ Recap: Angie Miller Says Goodbye
- Cameron Diaz, Leslie Mann Get Fiesty
- Jennifer Lopez Films 'Live It Up' Music Video, Gunshots Fired During On Set Interview
- Angelina Jolie Has Double Mastectomy To Reduce Breast Cancer Risk, Shares Story
Sex & Sci-Fi: Summer's Hottest Movies & Men - Your Tango
- Celebrity Sex Talk: 6 Craziest Things Heard This Week - Your Tango
- ‘Spring Breakers’ Review: The 10 Most Depraved, Parent-Shocking Moments - MovieFone
- 10 Hot Hollywood Husbands Changing The World - Your Tango
- Taylor Swift Cozying Up With Harry Styles - PlanetFashionTV