Kerry Washington Video Interview On 'A Thousand Words'
Kerry Washington, 35, co-stars with Eddie Murphy in the new comedy A Thousand Words. In the film, Washington plays Caroline, the wife of a smooth-tongued literary agent (played by Murphy) capable of talking his way in or out of anything, who, thanks to a mysterious curse, when he speaks a word, a leaf drops off a tree in his backyard. When every leaf falls off he dies. Oh, and there are only a 1000 leaves on the whole tree! Nevertheless, for all its comedy, the film doesn’t shy away from confronting deeper human concerns. For Washington, the movie was an illuminating experience. When asked how she would respond if she found herself with only a thousand remaining words, Washington seemed poised. “I would call my parents. I think to tell them how much I love them that would be my very first action,” Washington told Uinterview in an exclusive video interview.
Washington has been busy lately. She stars in Scandal, a political-thriller television series developed by Grey’s Anatomy creator Shonda Rhimes, which is set to debut this April on ABC. Moreover, it was announced last October that Washington would be starring alongside Jamie Foxx in Quentin Tarantino’s wildly anticipated Django Unchained. Foxx and Washington have previously worked together in 2004’s critically acclaimed biopic, Ray.
Washington is best known for her serious, dramatic roles. But she was eager to step into comedy, especially with veteran funny man Murphy. “Every day I was going to try to make Eddie laugh because if I could do that that would officially mean that I was funny. Even if he is laughing at me and not with me I think it counts,” Washington said.
Hear more of what Kerry Washington has to say as she answers questions exclusively from users of Uinterview.com.
| Get Uinterview's FREE iPhone App To Record Celebrity Video Questions + Get Daily News Updates here!
For more on Kerry Washington:
- Q: What were some of the most fun scenes to film? - Uinterview User
- A: Um, so we actually wounded up giggling a lot over my ridiculously corny jokes or, you know, terrible attempt[s]. Sadly I got a bunch of the jokes from my dad who is, maybe, the corniest joke teller on the planet.
- Q: What did you gain from the whole experience? - Uinterview User
- A: I guess the first thing I would do if I found myself under this spell that Eddie’s under in the film is I would call my parents. I think to tell them how much I love them that would be my very first action. And then to jump on the phone with other friends and family members who, you know, I really would want them to know how much I appreciate and value them.
- Q: You’ve had the opportunity to work with some of the greats: Lee, Jackson, Goldberg, Tarantino, [and] Dicaprio. Can you tell me what it was like working with the comedic genius of Eddie Murphy in comparison to your previous work? - Uinterview User
- A: I had this weird notion that people think of me as a serious kind of actor-person. Every day I was going to try to make Eddie laugh because if I could do that that would officially mean that I was funny. Even if he is laughing at me and not with me I think it counts.
- Q: What drew you to your character? - Uinterview User
- A: I really liked that my character, Caroline, is a woman who is really willing to go outside her own comfort zone in order to make her marriage work. And she kind of takes this risk to spice things up a bit.
Most Popular Videos
- Jane Lynch And Craig Robinson Video Interview On 'Escape From Planet Earth'
- Adrien Brody Video Interview On Judging The Bombay Sapphire Imagination Film Series, Playing Houdini
- Thandie Newton Video Interview On 'Rogue,' Learning To Shoot A Gun
- George Lopez Video Interview On 'Escape From Planet Earth'
- Kevin Smith Video Interview On His New Book, 'Tough Sh*t,' Mitt Romeny, Bruce Willis
Top Comedy Videos
Most Popular News
Sex & Sci-Fi: Summer's Hottest Movies & Men - Your Tango
- Celebrity Sex Talk: 6 Craziest Things Heard This Week - Your Tango
- ‘Spring Breakers’ Review: The 10 Most Depraved, Parent-Shocking Moments - MovieFone
- 10 Hot Hollywood Husbands Changing The World - Your Tango
- Taylor Swift Cozying Up With Harry Styles - PlanetFashionTV