Kerry Washington Video Interview On Ovarian Cancer Research
She's the beautiful actress who's championing the fight against ovarian cancer with her work for L'Oreal Paris. Kerry Washington takes questions exclusively for users of Uinterview.com.
- Q: Hi, Kerry, this is Noorah from Chicago. I heard your mom is a breast cancer survivor. What happened and how did it affect you personally? - Uinterview User
- A: My mom is a breast cancer survivor and she is with us today because of early detection because the technology in breast cancer has evolved to the point where we can save woman's lives fairly easily if we find out early enough. My mom was one of those lucky women who went in for a mammogram and knew that something was going on, and she was able to start treatment from the very beginning. We do not have that advantage for ovarian cancer, which is why L'Oreal Paris is working so hard for awareness and research.
- Q: What are signs of ovarian cancer? What can regular people do to help in the fight against the disease? - Karen, New York City - Uinterview User
- A: The symptoms of ovarian cancer can be very tricky. They're very subtle so you have to pay attention. It can be sudden weight gain or weight loss, frequent urination, feeling full right away when you eat, and indigestion. If you're feeling symptoms like this over the course of two weeks, we say go see a doctor. Communicate with your doctor. Make sure your doctor is well versed when it comes to ovarian cancer.
- Q: What is the Color of Hope make up collection and how does it help in the fight against ovarian cancer? - Karen, New York City - Uinterview User
- A: There's a lot to do in terms of the fight against ovarian cancer. One of the exciting things for me that Loreal Paris does is we have this amazing Color of Hope line. I'm really so honored and proud to be part of the lorealcolorofhope.com website. There we have a whole Color of Hope cosmetic line, which I'm wearing right now, actually. The colors are really beautiful and you can feel good about wearing the colors not only because they're gorgeous, but also because proceeds from that cosmetic line goes to Ovarian Cancer Research Fund. So you can celebrate yourself and your beauty and just be a girl, and at the same time be a part of the fight against this cancer. And if you go to the website you can see what the symptoms are, you can hear from survivors, you can get a lot more information so that you can feel good and look good and be healthy.
- Q: September is ovarian cancer's research month. What are you planning on doing? - Noorah, Chicago - Uinterview User
- A: I love the colors in the Color of Hope line, not only because they work for everybody (and trust me when I say they work for everybody, I mean everybody), but also they're perfect colors for fall. The reason that we do that is because September is Ovarian Cancer Awareness Month. If you want to know what's going on in your neighborhood around that time you can visit the Facebook Color of Hope page.
- Q: I read that you're going to be on Broadway. Can you tell me about the play and what your experience has been like working on it? - Monica Davies
- A: As a girl who's grown up in New York I'm really thrilled and excited to be doing my first Broadway play. I'm just beside myself. I'm actually going to be doing a brand new original play by David Mamet and he's directing. I feel like a really lucky girl right now.
- Q: What's Super Saturday and how did you get involved? - Kim, Texas - Kimberly Owens
- A: Super Saturday is this amazing event held in the Hamptons every summer. It's a huge fundraising event. The day is all about raising money for ovarian cancer research. It's a natural partnership for L'Oreal Paris because we have really put our money where our mouth is when it comes to raising money. We've raised more money than any other corporation for the Ovarian Cancer Research Fund. We're really thrilled to be here and to be part of this incredible day.
Most Popular Videos
- Jane Lynch And Craig Robinson Video Interview On 'Escape From Planet Earth'
- Adrien Brody Video Interview On Judging The Bombay Sapphire Imagination Film Series, Playing Houdini
- George Lopez Video Interview On 'Escape From Planet Earth'
- Thandie Newton Video Interview On 'Rogue,' Learning To Shoot A Gun
- Kevin Smith Video Interview On His New Book, 'Tough Sh*t,' Mitt Romeny, Bruce Willis
Top Comedy Videos
Most Popular News
- Magic Johnson’s Gay Son EJ Johnson Takes Relationship Public
- Will Ferrell And Chirstina Applegate Film ‘Anchorman: The Legend Continues’
- Cameron Diaz, Leslie Mann Get Fiesty
- ‘American Idol’ Recap: Angie Miller Says Goodbye
- Angelina Jolie Has Double Mastectomy To Reduce Breast Cancer Risk, Shares Story
Sex & Sci-Fi: Summer's Hottest Movies & Men - Your Tango
- Celebrity Sex Talk: 6 Craziest Things Heard This Week - Your Tango
- Why ‘Man of Steel’ Didn’t Use ‘Superman’ in the Title - MovieFone
- 10 Hot Hollywood Husbands Changing The World - Your Tango
- Taylor Swift Cozying Up With Harry Styles - PlanetFashionTV