Emma Roberts Video Interview On 'Scream 4,' Her Aunt Julia Roberts
Emma Roberts, the famous niece of Julia Roberts, stars in the horror sequel Scream 4. The film also stars Courtney Cox, David Arquette and Neve Campbell, who made the series famous in the 90s. The crew all supported the film’s new generation of young actors, including Roberts. “I’m such a fan of Courtney. I was such a Friends fanatic. She’s so fun,” Roberts told Uinterview exclusively. “She has a great sense of humor and she’s so great to be around. I actually didn’t have that many scenes with her which I was bummed out about, but she was really, really cool. But [Neve] and I had a lot of scenes together.”
While Roberts is certainly a film star in her own right, she can still relate to her famous Aunt Julia on a more regular level. “It’s really about just spending time together as family, not as like ‘We’re both actresses, let’s talk about acting,’ ” she told Uinterview. “So it’s nice that we can separate the two and just hang out as family and not worry about work.”
| Get Uinterview's FREE iPhone App To Record Celebrity Video Questions + Get Daily News Updates here!
- Q: Hi Emma, this is Manish from Washington D.C. You have some scary encounters with Ghostface in Scream 4. Were those scenes difficult to film to get the right amount of tension from them? - Manish Mathur
- A: Definitely. I mean, there are times where, you know, there is that energy and that adrenaline rush and you are scared. And then there are times where you’re kind of like, 'Okay, I’ve been standing around set for hours and hours and hours, and I’m kind of bored of this.' And you have to really get the energy up and get there because otherwise no one’s going to believe it. So it’s, yeah, you’ve gotta really just go for it.
- Q: Thanks. Can you tell us about some of the gory scenes you were involved with? How did they make the gore seem so real? - Manish Mathur
- A: Well, the blood that they use in Scream is actually like made for Scream. Like it’s this special blood that Wes [Craven] has approved and has been made for the movie, and it looks so real. And it’s weird, it smells like maple syrup. It’s the weirdest thing. You’re covered in this blood, it’s sticky and you smell like pancakes, and it’s very weird. I tasted it, like I had it on me and I licked some of it and let me tell you, it tastes disgusting, so I would not recommend that, if for some odd reason you’re ever in the position, don’t ever eat the fake blood. No.
- Q: Hi Emma, this is Katy from Detroit. How much time did you spend with your co-stars Courtney Cox, David Arquette, Neve Campbell, Hayden Panettiere – when the camera’s were off? - Katie Luscombe
- A: I’m such a fan of Courtney. I was such a Friends fanatic. She’s so fun. She has such a great sense of humor, and she’s so great to be around. I actually didn’t have that many scenes with her, which I was bummed out about, but yeah she was really, really cool. Neve, her and I had a lot of scenes together because I play Sydney Prescott’s cousin in the movie, her name’s Jill, and her and I just had fun together. I mean, Neve is just one of the most genuine people I’ve ever met. She’s so nice and made me feel so comfortable and was so there for me, you know, on set or off set. And David is just, he’s hilarious. He hung out with all of us kids the whole time, and we just had the best time with him. He’s so, so nice.
- Q: Thanks. Your aunt Julia Roberts found her niche in romantic comedies. Have you gotten any advice from her on how to choose a good role? - Katie Luscombe
- A: You know, we don’t really talk about it very much, I have to say, it’s funny, when I see her because we’re both so busy. It’s really about just spending time together as family not as like, we’re both actresses, let’s talk about acting. So, it’s nice that we can separate the two and just hang out as family and not worry about work.
Most Popular Videos
Scarlett Johansson And Joseph Gordon-Levitt On 'Don Jon,' Sex Scenes
Wong Kar-wai Video Interview On 'The Grandmaster'
Dave Franco & Isla Fisher Video Interview On 'Now You See Me,' Magic
June Squibb On 'Nebraska,' Bruce Dern, Alexander Payne, Her Oscar Nomination
Ozzie Smith On Why Opening Day Should Be A National Holiday, Hall Of Fame, PED
Top Comedy Videos
Most Popular News
- Sidney Poitier Receives Standing Ovation While Presenting Best Director At The Oscars
- '300: Rise Of An Empire' Review Roundup: Epic Sequel Doesn't Fare Well With Critics
- Simon Cowell Walks His Two Dogs Shirtless
- Rose McIver Films 'Petals On The Wind'Â™ With Heather Graham, Ellen Burstyn
- Julia Mancuso Headed Back To The Slopes
Harry Connick, Jr: 'I Married The Girl Of My Dreams' - Your Tango