Djimon Hounsou Video Interview On 'Push,' Chris Evans
He's the two-time Oscar nominated star of Blood Diamonds and In America. Now, he's starring in the psychic thriller Push. Djimon Hounsou takes questions exclusively for users of Uinterview.com.
- Q: What first attracted you to the role in Push? - Jess, London, England - Uinterview User
- A: Obviously the theme. I've been intrigued by anything that's related to the science of cults. Anything that has to do with supernatural abilities I've always found intriguing so that was my attraction to it.
- Q: What was your most challenging scene to do? What was it like working with Dakota Fanning and Chris Evans in the movie? - Jess, London, England - Uinterview User
- A: Wonderful. Obviously great talent, young talent. It was nice. The one and only scene I had with Dakota, which I was somewhat nervous about because it was my first day shooting so I hadn't full grasped the character yet. Overall the theme and shooting in Hong Kong was extremely challenging. It's a place that is a densely populated country and we see a lot of Chinese films but Hong Kong doesn't really cater to movie making. Obviously Hong Kong plays a huge part in the film and Hong Kong is a character in the film so that was pretty difficult to do.
- Q: Hi, Djimon. This is Monica from Pretoria in South Africa. Have you ever had an experience with the paranormal? - Monica Davies
- A: I have come across people who I truly believe can see into the future and read you like a book.
- Q: You were discovered by the designer Thierry Mugler. How did it happen? Are you still in touch with him? - Uinterview User
- A: It took place in Paris another time I was somewhere having difficulties surviving in the city and I met a photographer who sent me to a modeling agency and the modeling agency sent me to Thierry Mugler. That whole process took quite a bit of time but when I met Mugler it was immediate booking so that was my ticket out of the street.
- Q: You were nominated for two Oscars. How was the feeling like when you got that news? - Uinterview User
- A: It's the greatest feeling. This is your business, the location. Being recognized and certainly honored for that, what you love doing it's absolutely exciting. The excitement gets quieted down a little bit because you have to run everywhere and do publicity for the film and talk about your nomination and all that so there's quite a bit of work that goes with the nomination and it can almost shatter a little bit of the excitement but at the end of the day it's such an amazing moment for those guys and women that are nominated.
Most Popular Videos
- Jane Lynch And Craig Robinson Video Interview On 'Escape From Planet Earth'
- Adrien Brody Video Interview On Judging The Bombay Sapphire Imagination Film Series, Playing Houdini
- George Lopez Video Interview On 'Escape From Planet Earth'
- Thandie Newton Video Interview On 'Rogue,' Learning To Shoot A Gun
- Kevin Smith Video Interview On His New Book, 'Tough Sh*t,' Mitt Romeny, Bruce Willis
Top Comedy Videos
Most Popular News
- Magic Johnson’s Gay Son EJ Johnson Takes Relationship Public
- Will Ferrell And Chirstina Applegate Film ‘Anchorman: The Legend Continues’
- Cameron Diaz, Leslie Mann Get Fiesty
- ‘American Idol’ Recap: Angie Miller Says Goodbye
- Angelina Jolie Has Double Mastectomy To Reduce Breast Cancer Risk, Shares Story
Sex & Sci-Fi: Summer's Hottest Movies & Men - Your Tango
- Celebrity Sex Talk: 6 Craziest Things Heard This Week - Your Tango
- Why ‘Man of Steel’ Didn’t Use ‘Superman’ in the Title - MovieFone
- 10 Hot Hollywood Husbands Changing The World - Your Tango
- Taylor Swift Cozying Up With Harry Styles - PlanetFashionTV