Diane Kruger Video Interview On Brad Pitt, 'Iglourious Basterds'
She caught our eye in Troy, and now Diane Kruger is starring with Brad Pitt in Quentin Tarantino's new film Inglourious Basterds, which just earned 8 Oscar nominations and is now out on DVD.
| Get Uinterview's FREE iPhone App To Record Celebrity Video Questions + Get Daily News Updates here!
- Q: This is your second movie with Brad Pitt. What was your most memorable experience working with him on the movie? - Edward, Orange, Conn. - Uinterview User
- A: Brad is truly a lovely man and I'm really glad we had the opportunity to work together again. Troy was my second or third movie ever and I was incredibly nervous and overwhelmed by the whole process and, you know, Brad Pitt being in the movie. Five years had passed and being a little calmer and wiser, hopefully anyway, and having a really great character to defend, it was just lovely to know him because it made it a lot easier for me.
- Q: You were one of few women in the movie. What was it like working with all the guys? - Edward, Orange, Conn. - Uinterview User
- A: It was great. My character's so strong and smart and it was really fun to get back at the basterds and be one of the boys, get down and dirty. That's what I preferred and I've never done that in a film really so it was really fun. I felt like I was one of them.
- Q: I heard that Quentin Tarantino actually strangled you in the movie. What happened? - Audrey Szepinski
- A: Yes, I don't want to give away too much. Let's just say he's a very hands on director!
- Q: How did you get the role in Inglorious Basterds? I heard you had to campaign to get it. - Natasha Alloway
- A: Well he didn't believe that I was German, which is crazy. So he was like 'no, no I really want authentic people.' He didn't want anyone that was American but had a German grandmother. So it took him a little while to convince him that I was actually German German and spoke German. But once we did meet it was pretty obvious that we were on the same page.
- Q: What was your favorite moment working with Quentin Tarantino on the set? - Natasha Alloway
- A: My very first day on set was the scene at the veterinarian. Imagine, there was no easing into the movie for me. I had to be on, day one. He was so fantastic because it took so much energy for me to do the scene. There was a lot going on - dogs barking, Eli Roth is having a dog allergy, Brad Pitt doing his accent and yelling at me, fake movie blood everywhere. It was a lot. But he takes you by the hand and he loves his actors, he gets so excited about each scene. He was so into it. It's really hard to fail, he just has such faith in you.
Most Popular Videos
- Jane Lynch And Craig Robinson Video Interview On 'Escape From Planet Earth'
- Adrien Brody Video Interview On Judging The Bombay Sapphire Imagination Film Series, Playing Houdini
- George Lopez Video Interview On 'Escape From Planet Earth'
- Thandie Newton Video Interview On 'Rogue,' Learning To Shoot A Gun
- Kevin Smith Video Interview On His New Book, 'Tough Sh*t,' Mitt Romeny, Bruce Willis
Top Comedy Videos
Most Popular News
- Magic Johnson’s Gay Son EJ Johnson Takes Relationship Public
- Will Ferrell And Chirstina Applegate Film ‘Anchorman: The Legend Continues’
- Cameron Diaz, Leslie Mann Get Fiesty
- ‘American Idol’ Recap: Angie Miller Says Goodbye
- Angelina Jolie Has Double Mastectomy To Reduce Breast Cancer Risk, Shares Story
Sex & Sci-Fi: Summer's Hottest Movies & Men - Your Tango
- Celebrity Sex Talk: 6 Craziest Things Heard This Week - Your Tango
- Why ‘Man of Steel’ Didn’t Use ‘Superman’ in the Title - MovieFone
- 10 Hot Hollywood Husbands Changing The World - Your Tango
- Taylor Swift Cozying Up With Harry Styles - PlanetFashionTV