Hairstylist David Babaii On Giving Angelina Jolie And Brad Pitt Their Looks
He's the hair stylist who Gwyneth Paltrow, Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt call before the Oscars. Now, he's launched a new eco-friendly line of hair products with buddy Kate Hudson. David Babaii takes your questions here.
- Q: What's one thing an ordinary women could do to look like Angelina Jolie? - Monica, New York City
- A: I designed the beach spray with Angie specifically in mind. She loves volume. She's got a lot of hair but it's very straight. I spray a little bit, I backcomb and then brush it out. The heat activates the beach spray and that's what gives you the gynormous amount of volume.
- Q: What's the biggest trend you saw on Oscar night? -Shalah, New Haven - Uinterview User
- A: I think it was less is more kind of a feel. There was that beautiful glamor but I saw a lot people with their hair either pulled back, or much more soft versus too much time spent on doing it. I mean, look. I spent 30 minutes doing Angelina Jolie's hair. The products that I've created are to do stuff fast, not to spend too much time. Life is too short to spend too much time on your hair.
- Q: You worked with some of the biggest stars like Nicole Kidman, Angelina Jolie, and Gwyneth Paltrow. How are they different as clients and what they're looking for? - Shalah, New Haven - Uinterview User
- A: What I find is they always say you're kind of drawn to your personality. Your clients are, you either work with them or you don't. With Angelina there is no discussion about hair. Neither is Nicole, neither is Gwyneth. What I love about these three women and all the other women that I work with, they trust me. They've given me the opportunity to work with them. I guess they've built a trust with me so I think that's what makes it easy for me and makes it easy for them. There's not a major discussion of what we're gonna do it's kind like goes with the flow and the whole team thinks about what we're gonna do.
Most Popular Videos
- Jane Lynch And Craig Robinson Video Interview On 'Escape From Planet Earth'
- Adrien Brody Video Interview On Judging The Bombay Sapphire Imagination Film Series, Playing Houdini
- George Lopez Video Interview On 'Escape From Planet Earth'
- Thandie Newton Video Interview On 'Rogue,' Learning To Shoot A Gun
- Kevin Smith Video Interview On His New Book, 'Tough Sh*t,' Mitt Romeny, Bruce Willis
Top Comedy Videos
Most Popular News
Sex & Sci-Fi: Summer's Hottest Movies & Men - Your Tango
- Celebrity Sex Talk: 6 Craziest Things Heard This Week - Your Tango
- ‘Spring Breakers’ Review: The 10 Most Depraved, Parent-Shocking Moments - MovieFone
- 10 Hot Hollywood Husbands Changing The World - Your Tango
- Taylor Swift Cozying Up With Harry Styles - PlanetFashionTV