Charlize Theron Video Interview On 'The Road'
She's the gorgeous star of The Road, now out on DVD. Charlize Theron takes questions exclusively from users of Uinterview.com
| Get Uinterview's FREE iPhone App To Record Celebrity Video Questions + Get Daily News Updates here!
- Q: Hi Charlize. This is Chris from New York City. I recently read "The Road" and loved it and saw that you also felt that way. I was wondering how you got involved in this movie? - Chris Roberts
- A: My really good friend Nick Wexler, who I've done 5 movies with, is the producer of the film, and we're really good friends, and he called me and we were just causally talking about the book. And I mentioned to him how much I loved the book. And so when we was in production and they were casting, I think he brought me up to John Hillcoat, the director, and they called me, and I said I'd be honored to come out and work for a couple of days on it.
- Q: Thanks. Any my follow-up was, what was your favorite moment working with Viggo Mortensen? - Chris Roberts
- A: Pretty much every moment with Viggo is memorable. He's an incredibly powerful actor. And I'd have to say the surprise of the shoot for me was the little boy, Kodi Smit-McPhee, who just really blew both me and Viggo away. There was something just unbelievably powerful about being around this kid and watching him play this character. So it was material that I loved, and it was just a pleasure to work with everybody on this.
- Q: Hey Charlize. This is Kim from Texas. I heard that the men didn't shower for days preparing for the role. Did you do anything similar to that? - Kimberly Owens
- A: No, I didn't - not that I would have a problem with that! But, I mean, most of my stuff is kind of set in the house, and, you know, once she leaves the house it's kind of the end of her story. So, I didn't feel the need to do any of that, but I had no problem with the boys doing that. Whatever it takes to get it done!
- Q: Thanks. My follow-up question is, how would you fare if civilization collapsed, and what do you think the message of the movie is? - Kimberly Owens
- A: Ooo, I think it's very easy to just kind of sit in your cushy circumstances and pretend to be a hero and think that you would do all the right things and that, you know, you'd be able to survive it. But I think once you are actually in it, it's a completely different story. And I think that realization was what really helped me with the character and her decision. Because off the bat her point of view on survival is pretty harsh. So I had to really understand this world and these circumstances to really, truly understand why she would feel the way she does. Well, and I think it's a cautionary tale. What people know mostly about the story is probably pretty accurate. But I think the thing that really stood out for me and the thing that really made me feel the way I did about the book and the story is that there is so much hope in humanity. There really is. And I think this book really made me kind of aware of that. I was going through a little bit of period where I got a little, ya know, angry and there was just a lot of stuff going on in the world that just kind of made me lose hope in a way, and I think this book kind of made me realize that there is a lot of hope in humanity. It's in us -- it's just whether we choose to be good or not or to reach out or to help. So I think it's a cautionary tale of what could happen if we don't kind of step up and and look after what we have.
Most Popular Videos
- Jane Lynch And Craig Robinson Video Interview On 'Escape From Planet Earth'
- Adrien Brody Video Interview On Judging The Bombay Sapphire Imagination Film Series, Playing Houdini
- George Lopez Video Interview On 'Escape From Planet Earth'
- Thandie Newton Video Interview On 'Rogue,' Learning To Shoot A Gun
- Kevin Smith Video Interview On His New Book, 'Tough Sh*t,' Mitt Romeny, Bruce Willis
Top Comedy Videos
Most Popular News
- Magic Johnson’s Gay Son EJ Johnson Takes Relationship Public
- ‘American Idol’ Recap: Angie Miller Says Goodbye
- Cameron Diaz, Leslie Mann Get Fiesty
- Jennifer Lopez Films 'Live It Up' Music Video, Gunshots Fired During On Set Interview
- Angelina Jolie Has Double Mastectomy To Reduce Breast Cancer Risk, Shares Story
Sex & Sci-Fi: Summer's Hottest Movies & Men - Your Tango
- Celebrity Sex Talk: 6 Craziest Things Heard This Week - Your Tango
- ‘Spring Breakers’ Review: The 10 Most Depraved, Parent-Shocking Moments - MovieFone
- 10 Hot Hollywood Husbands Changing The World - Your Tango
- Taylor Swift Cozying Up With Harry Styles - PlanetFashionTV