Brandon T. Jackson Video Interview On 'Big Momma,' Martin Lawrence, Dressing In Drag
Brandon T. Jackson, who stars in the sequel film Big Momma: Like Father Like Son with Martin Lawrence, feels crowd stand in the tradition of male comics with dress up in drag. “Well, [the dress up time] was four hours of long, hard work and it was definitely annoying to be able to sit still because I have ADD,” Jackson told Uinterview exclusively. “But you know, it was cool to be able to do something like that with Martin. It was a comedy thing from Eddie Murphy to Dustin Hoffman to Mrs. Doubtfire, Robin Williams."
Jackson's biggest inspiration for his female character was his mother, who spent a lot of time with her son on set. “She wanted me to look like her. She wanted the costume to look like her. She was on the set trying to give me directions,” Jackson revealed. “But I tried to make the character real sweet, like my mom, and make it something that America could love. She was just on the set just talking too much, like, 'Mom, you don’t direct this one.' ”
- Q: Hi Brandon, this is Scott from Dayton. You had to wear a lot of prosthetics and women’s outfits in the movie. What was the process of getting into costume like? - Scott Deady
- A: Well, it was four hours of long, hard work, and it was definitely annoying to be able to sit still because I have A.D.D. I didn’t like sitting still for a long, long time. But you know, it was cool to be able to do something like that with Martin. It was a comedy thing from Eddie Murphy to Dustin Hoffman to Ms. Doubtfire, Robin Williams. I mean, to be able to be a comedian on the list of doing prosthetics, it was definitely a blessing.
- Q: Thanks. What was the hardest part about playing a woman? Did any women give you advice? - Scott Deady
- A: Oh, my gosh. You know I gotta ask my mom. She wanted me to look like her. She wanted the costume to look like her. She was on the set trying to give me directions. But I tried to make the character real sweet, like my mom, and make it something that America could love. She was just on the set just talking too much, like mom you don’t direct this one. Okay, that’s enough.
- Q: Hey Brandon, this is Chris from Birmingham. What was your favorite moment working with Martin Lawrence on Big Momma? - Chris Copeland
- A: Well, my favorite moment was really like just kinda just the whole experience. To be honest I don’t really have like one favorite moment. It was just actually working with Martin Lawrence and just learning how to be a more professional comedian on my end and just learning the ropes. It was definitely something that I can’t take for granted, and it was a blessing that I got a chance to be able to do something like this.
- Q: And what’s next for you? - Chris Copeland
- A: Right now I’m doing standup and I’ve got a lot of things on the table that I’m going to make some decisions on. But I’m happy you guys, that I’ve gotten this far. I thank, you know, everybody who’s been supportive and all the fans, and you know, just everybody. So hopefully, you know we do something that’s even hotter than this.
Most Popular Videos
- Jane Lynch And Craig Robinson Video Interview On 'Escape From Planet Earth'
- Adrien Brody Video Interview On Judging The Bombay Sapphire Imagination Film Series, Playing Houdini
- George Lopez Video Interview On 'Escape From Planet Earth'
- Thandie Newton Video Interview On 'Rogue,' Learning To Shoot A Gun
- Kevin Smith Video Interview On His New Book, 'Tough Sh*t,' Mitt Romeny, Bruce Willis
Top Comedy Videos
Most Popular News
- Magic Johnson’s Gay Son EJ Johnson Takes Relationship Public
- ‘American Idol’ Recap: Angie Miller Says Goodbye
- Cameron Diaz, Leslie Mann Get Fiesty
- Jennifer Lopez Films 'Live It Up' Music Video, Gunshots Fired During On Set Interview
- Angelina Jolie Has Double Mastectomy To Reduce Breast Cancer Risk, Shares Story
Sex & Sci-Fi: Summer's Hottest Movies & Men - Your Tango
- Celebrity Sex Talk: 6 Craziest Things Heard This Week - Your Tango
- Why ‘Man of Steel’ Didn’t Use ‘Superman’ in the Title - MovieFone
- 10 Hot Hollywood Husbands Changing The World - Your Tango
- Taylor Swift Cozying Up With Harry Styles - PlanetFashionTV