Brandon Routh Video Interview On 'Zack & Miri,' 'Superman'
Superman Brandon Routh takes your questions about his new role in Zack & Miri Make a Porno, Obama and the future of Superman.
- Q: I wondered what it was like working with director Kevin Smith and how is he different from any other director? - Eleni, California
- A: Hello, Eleni, I hope I’m saying your name right. One of the great things about working with Kevin is that he had the opportunity to work with the crew he’s worked with on many of his films. Everybody loves and respects him. It’s a very quiet set. A respectful set. Nobody has to bark orders to get things done. That was awesome. Kevin is very calm and quiet on set. He gives a few simple directions, but they are to the point. He shoots what he wants and he’s out of there.
- Q: Karen, I heard that the next Superman movie will be much darker following the success of Dark Knight and you tell us anything about what we can expect? - Karen, New York City
- A: I would like to give you more information about the Superman films, but unfortunately, I don’t know what’s happening. They may go in a darker vein because of the last Batman movie. You can only make Superman so dark, so maybe the villain may be a little darker. But Superman will always remain the same in my mind.
- Q: What character do you play in the movie? Tell us the funniest thing that happened on set. - Eleni, California - Uinterview User
- A: My character is Bobby Long, a high school friend Zack and Miri. We went to high school together and I meet them at our 10 year high school reunion. Miri wants to take me back to her place and have her way with me, something she wasn't able to do in high school. Then she realizes I'm at the reunion with my boyfriend, played by Justin Long, so that kind of if heartbreaking for her. Actually I'm just a regular Joe in my role in Zack and Miri. I'm not an adult film star. I don't do any of that stuff and I wasn't there for the filming of any of those scenes but I have scene the movie so watching it was interesting. It's very comically done in the movie, not very sexy. It's funny to watch them make this very very bad film within a film. The funniest thing that happened on set. There were so many things that were said in the improv session that I probably can't repeat because of some of it's - maybe it will be on the DVD and you'll be able to see it there.
- Q: You recently made a movie with your wife. What was that experience like? - Karen, New York City - Karen Holmberg
- A: I did just make a movie with my wife formally called Lie to Me, now it's called Fling. That was a great experience. She's a fantastic actress. I'm very excited for people to see this film. We're showing it at the Fort Lauderdale Film Festival on Friday November 7th and we're opening a couple days in Kansas City. November 14 we'll be in theaters there. There'll be a DVD soon and maybe other cities theatrically as well. It's great it's about open relationships, about being in relationships, maturity level of people in relationships, young people. It's a real life look at relationships and there's levity in it and it was a great opportunity to work with her.
- Q: You worked for the Obama campaign in your home state of Iowa. What was that experience like? - Jessica, New York City - Uinterview User
- A: Campaigning for Senator Obama in Iowa, my home state, was a great opportunity. It was something I take great pride in and was honored to do. I think it's really important for everyone to go out and vote November 4th on Tuesday. No matter who you're voting for, just go vote. Exercise that right, educate yourself. Don't listen to me or anyone else, make your own decision. It was great to be a part of something that's a history making moment and history will be made on Tuesday. I look forward to the great positive changes that will happen in our country.
- Q: You grew up in a town near the original home of Superman. Do you see any parallels between your childhood and Clark Kent's? - Jessica, New York City - Uinterview User
- A: Are there parallels between my growing up and Clark Kent's growing up because I live in a similar place? Yeah, certainly. Smallville in Kansas and Iowa which are close by, I'm sure there are similarities. I haven't spent a lot of time in Kansas but the small town atmosphere, certainly. You know, be good to your neighbor, love thy neighbor and all those type of things, that golden rule, and all those things that permeate that type of life certainly I was brought up with. Didn't have the hustle and bustle of the city so that was a change for me. I got a lot of good things out of it, it was a very calm atmosphere to grow up. I'm sure that helped me actually be able to play Clark to some degree.
- Q: Did you ever get to meet Christopher Reeve before he died? - Jessica, New York City - Uinterview User
- A: I did not get to met Christopher Reeve before he died, unfortunately. I received a very lovely letter from Dana Reeve while filming Superman, saying how much she was rooting and cheering for the film and for me. That was very sweet. Since then I've met the family, I've met his children who are great people and I'm excited to have a friendship with them and to also be a part of the Christopher Reeve Foundation, to be working with them and all that they do for spine injuries and education.
Most Popular Videos
- Jane Lynch And Craig Robinson Video Interview On 'Escape From Planet Earth'
- Adrien Brody Video Interview On Judging The Bombay Sapphire Imagination Film Series, Playing Houdini
- George Lopez Video Interview On 'Escape From Planet Earth'
- Thandie Newton Video Interview On 'Rogue,' Learning To Shoot A Gun
- Kevin Smith Video Interview On His New Book, 'Tough Sh*t,' Mitt Romeny, Bruce Willis
Top Comedy Videos
Most Popular News
- Magic Johnson’s Gay Son EJ Johnson Takes Relationship Public
- ‘American Idol’ Recap: Angie Miller Says Goodbye
- Cameron Diaz, Leslie Mann Get Fiesty
- Jennifer Lopez Films 'Live It Up' Music Video, Gunshots Fired During On Set Interview
- Angelina Jolie Has Double Mastectomy To Reduce Breast Cancer Risk, Shares Story
Sex & Sci-Fi: Summer's Hottest Movies & Men - Your Tango
- Celebrity Sex Talk: 6 Craziest Things Heard This Week - Your Tango
- ‘Spring Breakers’ Review: The 10 Most Depraved, Parent-Shocking Moments - MovieFone
- 10 Hot Hollywood Husbands Changing The World - Your Tango
- Taylor Swift Cozying Up With Harry Styles - PlanetFashionTV