Thomas Jane Interview On 'Hung,' Nude Scenes, How He Measures Up
Thomas Jane's the hot star of the hit HBO series Hung. Now, he's getting ready to LOL with Miley Cyrus in his next film.
Before becoming an actor, Jane was homeless and living in his car, earning money through street performances. But in 1999, Jane's acting career took off as he went swimming with the sharks in Deep Blue Sea alongside LL Cool J. In 2005, he starred in the adaptation of Stephen King's horror story The Mist in which he played David Drayton, father of Billy Drayton, who he ends up killing with a shot to the head by the end of the film. While most popular for his acting career, Jane also co-owns entertainment company, RAW with Steve Niles and Tim Bradstreet. He also writes comic books, including comic book series Bad Planet, which he co-writes with Niles.
As the star of Hung, Jane plays a very unhappy single dad and high school gym teacher Ray Drecker. After a fire destroys his home, he becomes a prostitute to earn a better living for himself and his children. Jane surely pleased many fans with his nude scene. "Taking your clothes off in front of 150 people. I was naked more on set than I was in my own home," Jane told Uinterview exclusively.
- Q: What was the highlight of the season for you? - Alex Santos Murry
- A: Getting finished with it. Going home everyday is nice.
- Q: Have you heard yet whether Hung's been renewed for a third season? - Jackie
- A: Yeah. It did get renewed. Pretty cool.
- Q: Did you find this season that you’re more comfortable doing these nude scenes and everything? - Mandy
- A: I still find it odd. Taking your clothes off in front of 150 people. I was naked more on set than I was in my own home. Well sure, I mean, you can get used to anything, can’t you?
- Q: Do you ever get sick of being objectified? - pete
- A: As far as me being the sex object? I’m not really tired of that yet.
- Q: What have you been working on over the summer? -
- A: I did a film called I Melt With You. Shot up in Big Sur with Jeremy Piven and Rob Lowe. It has to do with the location. We all play lost souls. So, um, it was a real mind-fucker that film.
- Q: What was it like working with Miley Cyrus on LOL? - Rebecca
- A: Oh you know what? She’s a real sweetheart. I went out to meet her and she was so, so nice. She hung out with us on the set for many hours, and she never got tired or bored. She’s excited about acting, and her acting career, and I think she’s a genuine talent. I admire her very much.
- Q: Did you give Miley any career advice? - pete
- A: You know, just to listen to her dad. He’s done pretty well by her.
- Q: What other projects do you have coming up? - eloise
- A: Well, I’m writing a western. It’s called A Magnificent Death from a Shattered Hand. And I’m also producing and starring in a film called War Dogs. It's starring me and Ron Perlman. He’s an old buddy of mine. It’s like Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid during the fall of Rome. So it's a couple of Roman soldiers. Running around. It’s a great, excellent script. Me and Ron are gonna kick it in the pants!
More U Q&A
Hot ListTweets from @uinterview/hotlist
Most Popular Videos
Top Comedy Videos
Most Popular News
Harry Connick, Jr: 'I Married The Girl Of My Dreams' - Your Tango