Megan Fox & Ed Burns On 'Friends With Kids'
Transformers sex icon Megan Fox and writer, actor and producer Edward Burns play third-wheels in the complex love saga that is director Jennifer Westfeldt's Friends With Kids. Fox, who is generally typecast as an evil bombshell, was born in Tennessee and raised in Florida. She has been a student of drama and dance since she was five and landed her first role in Mary Kate and Ashley Olsen's Bahamas vacation video, Holiday In The Sun. Fox's first movie theater-released breakout role was alongside another childhood actress, Lindsay Lohan, in Confessions Of A Teenage Drama Queen. Since then, Fox has acted in films of various genres, such as Jennifer’s Body, John Hex and now Friends. Fox is married to Brian Austin Green (Beverly Hills, 90210) and is a devoted stepmother to his son.
Fox's co-star Burns was born in Queens, N.Y., and began screenwriting while he attended Hunter College in Manhattan. Burns' films are said to be in the style of Woody Allen, but his acting career is much broader and more mainstream. Burns has an impressive list of films under his belt such as Saving Private Ryan, Life Or Something Like It and 27 Dresses. Burns is married to model Christie Turlington, and together they have two children.
Megan Fox and Ed Burns answer fans’ questions about their latest film, Friends With Kids, which has an all-star cast that includes Westfeldt, Adam Scott, Jon Hamm, Kristen Wiig, Maya Rudolph and Chris O’Dowd. This comedy centers around two friends who decide to have a child together without getting married so they don't have to deal with the struggle of having children in a romantic relationship. While raising their child they each find their own very attractive love interests (Fox and Burns), whose roles force the friends to confront their true feelings for one another.
Playing a homewracker in Friends was a bit of stretch for Fox. “I am sort of the opposite of Mary Jane,” Fox told Uinterview exclusively. “Because I married a man with a baby—so—I have been in the middle of it for a long time.”
- Q: What scenes were most challenging for you? - Uinterview
- A: MEGAN: I think, one of the things I enjoyed the most – I mean, I love Adam. He’s very hysterical; he’s very funny. But I really liked the dinner scene because I got to watch Maya and Chris O’Dowd. They sort of were doing their own movie at the end of the table, and I was right next to them. So I got to watch them and listen to them the whole time, which was funny. It was a really good experience for me. EDWARD: Yeah, that last day was probably the most fun we all had cause, we were in that house, all day together. I mean — they are all so funny. So, to sit back and watch them do their shtick and these comedy routines from obscure movies that I had never even really seen or heard of — it really was — it was kind of kick back and enjoy the show.
- Q: Have you had any experiences similar to the characters’ in the movie — with your children taking priority over your personal life? - Uinterview
- A: EDWARD: I have two kids who are now, sort of, a little bit older. But, certainly, in the beginning, you know, your lifestyle has to make an adjustment, as it should. So, yeah, we definitely went through that. But, we were lucky. We were at the age where we welcomed that change. MEGAN: I am sort of the opposite of MaryJane because I married a man with a baby so I have been in the middle of it for a long time.
- Q: What do you see as the overall message of this film? - Uinterview
- A: EDWARD: I don’t really think that Jennifer, the writer/director, really had a message that she wanted to get across. I don’t know. You’ll have to ask her, but I think it was more just — she was holding a mirror up to this world that she knows very well — and a lot of this, I know, came from her and John and their experiences with their friends. She just wanted to kind of show us a little slice of life or a little picture of the world that they had had to go through when their friends started to have kids. MEGAN: I completely concur!
More U Q&A
Hot ListTweets from @uinterview/hotlist
Most Popular Videos
Derek Hough On 'Make Your Move,' BoA, 'Dancing With The Stars'
Shawn Ashmore On 'X-Men: Days Of Future Past,' Ice Man, 'X-Men: Apocalypse'
Dave Franco & Isla Fisher Video Interview On 'Now You See Me,' Magic
Eli Roth & Famke Janssen On 'Hemlock Grove'
Gregg Sulkin On 'Affluenza,' 'Pretty Little Liars'
Top Comedy Videos
Most Popular News
- Kendall And Kylie Jenner Wear Revealing Dresses On MMVA Red Carpet
- Bill Skarsgard & Landon Liboiron On Their 'Hemlock Grove' Characters' 'Sexual Tension,' Gay Undertones [EXCLUSIVE VIDEO]
- German Soccer Squad Returns Home To Heroes Welcome After World Cup Victory
- 'Grey'¬ôs Anatomy': Season 11 Spoilers From Shonda Rhimes
- Tea Leoni Returning To Television In 'Madam Secretary'