Megan Joy Interview On American Idol, Telling Simon Cowell She 'Didn't Care,' Her Son
Megan Joy is the tattooed single mom who dared to tell Simon Cowell she "didn't care" what he thought on American Idol. Now, as she sets out on the Idol Summer Tour, Megan Joy is taking questions exclusively for users of Uinterview.com.
- Q: What did you think when you finished performing Bob Marley’s “Turn the Lights Down Low” on last week's show? Did you think you’d done the best job you could do? - Uinterview
- A: Absolutely. I was really proud of my performance.
- Q: You had never been in the bottom three before. Were you surprised at how quick your fall was? - Uinterview
- A: No, I wasn’t. I was prepared for it to happen sooner or later. I woke up that morning knowing that might be my night. I just had a feeling. I don’t know how I knew. I can’t explain it.
- Q: Did you know you'd made a mistake when you said you "didn't care" what Simon thought? - Uinterview
- A: I was very surprised. I didn't think it was going to be such a big deal.
- Q: Were you stung when Simon returned the favor and said that the judges didn't "care” about you? - Uinterview
- A: I really didn’t understand that it was such a big deal. I didn’t mean for it come across that I didn’t care about the show. I just didn’t care that Simon didn’t like that specific song.
- Q: What was your interaction like with Simon after being eliminated? - Uinterview
- A: He came up to me after the show and we talked. I love Simon. I have nothing but love and appreciation for him. I owe it to him–as far as I got in the competition.
- Q: When you were performing the swan song what were you feeling then? - Uinterview
- A: I was excited and happy and trying to make the best out of it. You can either cry about it or laugh about it – and I would rather laugh.
- Q: What was the most difficult moment of the competition for you? - Uinterview
- A: The day I was sick and the days surrounding it were some of the worst days I’ve ever experienced. I was miserable and so sad. But missing my son was horrible.
- Q: Did you get to talk to him on the phone a lot? - Uinterview
- A: I did. He’s not a big phone talker. He’s too busy for that.
- Q: Did he get to visit you? - Uinterview
- A: It’s allowed but it didn’t work out in our situation.
- Q: Did you have a contestant who you most bonded with and why? - Uinterview
- A: I am pretty close to all of them, but Alison was my roomie. So I felt extra close to her. She kinda reminds me of myself when I was her age. She’s hilarious and fun. She’s a beautiful girl inside and out.
- Q: Was there anyone you didn’t get along with and why? - Uinterview
- A: There actually wasn’t. Everyone was so nice and gets along so well.
- Q: Tell us about your tattoos? When did you get them? Do they have any significance? - Uinterview
- A: My sleeve is a castle and it has my fairy tale on stained glass on it. There’s me and my prince – and I don’t know who that is. There's my mom as a fairy godmother, my brother as a wizard and my son as a prince. It’s taken a year to get to this point and it’s still not done.
- Q: Did it hurt? - Uinterview
- A: Parts of it were really painful when it was being put on, but other parts were bearable.
- Q: You’ve said you didn’t even get picked for the high school choir. Was high school hard for you? - Uinterview
- A: It was really hard. I could never make it into anything and it really took a toll on my self-esteem.
- Q: How did you get into singing? - Uinterview
- A: My mom sings and I’ve grown up with music in my life always. My mom spends a lot of time in the car for her job, so we were just always singing.
- Q: Do you think you were at a disadvantage by not having any professional training. - Uinterview
- A: In some aspects yes. As far as stage presence and knowing how to hold a mike. Technical things. I think it also worked for me. My first time on stage was American Idol. It was kinda of a crazy story.
- Q: So why did you decide to audition finally? - Uinterview
- A: My friends and family sort of pushed me into it, I didn’t want to. I didn’t think I would make it. But they said I had try to at least once, so I did.
- Q: Have you gotten to see your son since you were eliminated? - Uinterview
- A: Yes, I got him about two hours ago. I feel wonderful. I’m so excited to spend the day with him. I got home late last night.
- Q: What’s next for you? - Uinterview
- A: I’m going to go on tour and hopefully after that I’m going to make an album. Maybe do some modeling or acting. It’ll all be good things. [Calls out to son] Yes, baby! Gotta go…
More U Q&A
Follow Uinterview on Twitter.
Most Popular Videos
- Jane Lynch And Craig Robinson Video Interview On 'Escape From Planet Earth'
- Adrien Brody Video Interview On Judging The Bombay Sapphire Imagination Film Series, Playing Houdini
- Thandie Newton Video Interview On 'Rogue,' Learning To Shoot A Gun
- George Lopez Video Interview On 'Escape From Planet Earth'
- Kevin Smith Video Interview On His New Book, 'Tough Sh*t,' Mitt Romeny, Bruce Willis
Top Comedy Videos
Most Popular News
Sex & Sci-Fi: Summer's Hottest Movies & Men - Your Tango
- Celebrity Sex Talk: 6 Craziest Things Heard This Week - Your Tango
- ‘Spring Breakers’ Review: The 10 Most Depraved, Parent-Shocking Moments - MovieFone
- 10 Hot Hollywood Husbands Changing The World - Your Tango
- Taylor Swift Cozying Up With Harry Styles - PlanetFashionTV