American Idol's Matt Giraud Talks Kris Allen, Adam Lambert
He's the Idol with a thousand lives and voice of Justin Timberlake. Matt Giraud answers fans' questions here!
- Q: How many songs do you get to do on tour? - Uinterview User
- A: I think I might play "Georgia On My Mind." I’m thinking about some of the songs I did on the show, but nothing is in stone.
- Q: What is the first thing you did when you got back home to Kalamazoo? - Uinterview
- A: There was a big crowd waiting for me and I got to ride in a big limo from Leisure Limo. And then I drove a car and I drove it really fast. I haven’t driven in three months, so I had to get that out of system.
- Q: Do think you'll play the drums on tour? - Uinterview User
- A: You just reminded me of that. [laughs] I thought maybe I should hop on the drums. That may be an idea.
- Q: Hey Matty, I love your fedoras. I was wondering how many you have in your collection? - Pink
- A: I probably have 10. It’s a newer thing.
- Q: Matt, what has been your favorite moment of the entire season? - Cindy
- A: "Part-time Lover" was one of my favorite moments because everything sort of came together. The lights and arrangement that I came up with and all that. And obviously being saved was my favorite moment, what an amazing thing to be a part of. I can’t wait to see my name on a Trivial Pursuit card. How amazing it is to be the first save ever on Idol?
- Q: Is there a song that you didn't get a chance to sing on Idol that you wish you could have? - Angela
- A: I don’t know. I think I got to do all the ones I really wanted to do–except "Staying Alive." All the songs really moved me and meant a lot to me. "Have You Ever Loved a Woman" and "My Funny Valentine," they were dreams come true just to sing those songs.
- Q: Did you always want to be a singer, or did you have some other dream job when you were a kid? - Maddie
- A: I always wanted to be a musician. It wasn’t a fame thing. I was always like, ‘Man I can’t wait to make good music and influence people the way I was influenced as a young guy.' I was always an entertainer, I know that. I wanted to make someone laugh or smile–that was my pleasure.
- Q: How did you feel when you heard you were eliminated? - Uinterview User
- A: At first it was a feeling of relief, I don’t have to stress out any more. It's this family that’s been around you for a long time, and they’re all giving you the sad face. That was the hard part everyone feeling bad for you.
- Q: Did you feel you gave the best performance that you could? - Uinterview
- A: I don’t think you’ve seen me at my best yet. I’ve been on Ellen and Regis and it was me with no nerves, and everyone is saying you are a lot better now. I’m a lot better without all those cameras to look at and all that pressure. I’m looking forward to showing more of myself.
- Q: Did you form bonds with any particular Idols? - Uinterview
- A: We were all very close. We were together way too much. Anoop, Kris, Alexis Grace we were all good friends. We all keep in touch and we are all excited to come back on the finale.
- Q: Were the other Idols jealous of all the attention that Adam got? - uinterview
- A: I don’t know about jealousy, but we’d kind of tease whoever got really the best comments. If Kris got really good comments, we’d all be backstage and say “And the winner is… Kris Allen…” or “What is this the Adam Lambert Show?” And he’d be like, “Come on guys…” It was really intense, but we tried to keep a really light-hearted feel to the whole thing. It’s not the biggest deal if you have to go home–top 5 is pretty good.
More U Q&A
Follow Uinterview on Twitter.
Most Popular Videos
- Jane Lynch And Craig Robinson Video Interview On 'Escape From Planet Earth'
- George Lopez Video Interview On 'Escape From Planet Earth'
- Dylan O'Brien Video Interview On 'The Internship,' Google, Vince Vaughn
- Dave Franco & Isla Fisher Video Interview On 'Now You See Me,' Magic
- Andy Samberg, Akiva Schaffer, Jorma Taccone On The Lonely Island, 'The Wack Album'
Top Comedy Videos
Most Popular News
- 'Game Of Thrones' Recap: Robb Stark, Talisa, Catelyn Murdered At The Red Wedding
- Victoria Beckham & Son Brooklyn Beckham Attend Glamour Women Of The Year Awards
- ‘Diana’ Biopic Teaser Trailer With Naomi Watts Is Released
- Heidi Klum, Martin Kristen Run & Make Up After Public Spat
- ‘Man Of Steel’ Makes World Premiere In New York City