Why Xtina Bailed On Her Own Concert Tour
Planning to see Christina Aguilera on tour this summer? Try again next year! The singer postponed the tour until 2011, when her schedule is a little less busy with promoting both an upcoming album and film. "The singer felt she needed more time to rehearse the show and with less than a month between the album release and tour date this wasn't possible," read a statement from the tour's promoter, Live Nation.
I simply take this to mean the obvious: no one bought tickets. I mean, I've never even heard of Bionic (her new album) and I'd say I'm pretty up to date with current happenings in the music world. But maybe that was the cause of the lack of ticket sales or the fact that no one has heard of her new album. Or her new single, for that matter, “Not Myself Tonight.” The only thing I’ve heard about anything is that Aguilera seems to be following the footsteps of the new sound from Lady Gaga.
This is an interesting direction to go in, if you ask me. Christina has been around for quite some time, so it’s strange that she would try to pull of a look and sound of a newcomer to the music biz. In several interviews, Xtina has denied allegations of copying LadyG. She claimed that she had never even heard of “this person” until after she had been accused of copying her. In fact, Gaga has said that it’s exactly the other way around: some of her inspiration has come from Christina! But maybe Gaga should think twice about where her inspiration is coming from if it’s from artists who can’t fill a single stadium on their tour.
Despite all of the flack Christina’s been receiving about the semi-embarrassing situation, we must always remember that she’s entitled to do what she wants. She’s a celebrity that’s been on tour before,so she knows what works and what doesn’t. Postponing the tour was probably the right decision and will ultimately bring in more cash once she’s done a better job of promoting herself. She is, though, running the risk of losing her current fan base, you know, those Christina-crazies who bought tickets in the first place. But the admirers will get refunded and won’t be too upset for long. Because if Christina’s tour never ends up happening, they’ll always have Lady Gaga, their music sounds similar enough anyways.
More U Blogs
Most Popular Videos
- Jane Lynch And Craig Robinson Video Interview On 'Escape From Planet Earth'
- Adrien Brody Video Interview On Judging The Bombay Sapphire Imagination Film Series, Playing Houdini
- George Lopez Video Interview On 'Escape From Planet Earth'
- Thandie Newton Video Interview On 'Rogue,' Learning To Shoot A Gun
- Kevin Smith Video Interview On His New Book, 'Tough Sh*t,' Mitt Romeny, Bruce Willis
Sex & Sci-Fi: Summer's Hottest Movies & Men - Your Tango
- Celebrity Sex Talk: 6 Craziest Things Heard This Week - Your Tango
- Why ‘Man of Steel’ Didn’t Use ‘Superman’ in the Title - MovieFone
- 10 Hot Hollywood Husbands Changing The World - Your Tango
- Taylor Swift Cozying Up With Harry Styles - PlanetFashionTV