Adam Brody Bio
Adam Brody Bio
Adam Brody was born the eldest son to Mark and Valerie Brody on December 15, 1979 in Carlsbad, Calif. He has two younger brothers, twins Sean and Matt.
Brody attended Wangenham Middle School and Scripps Ranch High School. He has said that he did not perform well while in school, and dropped out of MiraCosta College after one year to become an actor. He moved to Hollywood at 19 and hired an acting coach. It was a year before his auditions landed him his first role, as Barry Williams in the TV movie Growing Up Brady.
Brody became interested in acting in his teen years. “I just graduated from high school, and I was working at Blockbuster,” Brody said. “Not only did I get into movies while I was there, but I was putting away boxes and looking at the kids on the covers, it felt like windows into these seemingly perfect lives.
Adam Brody On ‘The OC’
Though Brody had appeared on some TV shows and films before, he didn’t get his first starring role until Josh Schwartz cast him as the sarcastic and nerdy Seth Cohen on The OC. A series regular throughout the show, The OC launched Brody to fame. The Los Angeles Times named him “TV’s Sexiest Nerd.” Brody won several Teen Choice Awards for his role, including Choice TV Actor: Drama and Choice TV Chemistry, shared with on- and off-screen girlfriend Rachel Bilson.
Brody was signed to a seven-year contract with The OC, but it was canceled in 2007, after four years and four seasons. He was happy to have gained the notice he received from being on a popular TV show, but has said he wasn’t too unhappy with its cancellation.
Adam Brody TV Roles
Aside from The OC, Brody’s television roles have mainly been as recurring or guest characters.
Brody has appeared on The Amanda Show, Undressed, Judging Amy, Family Law, Once And Again, Grounded For Life, Smallville, Gilmore Girls, House Of Lies and The League.
Brody had a main role on The Sausage Factory and as the voice of Woodie on Good Vibes.
Adam Brody Filmography, Interview
Brody’s first film appearances include Never Land, The Silencing, American Pie 2 and The Ring.
After securing his role on The OC in 2003 and following the show’s cancellation, Brody focused mainly on being a film actor. He appeared in the films Grind, Mr. & Mrs. Smith, Thank You For Smoking, In The Land Of Women, Jennifer’s Body, Cop Out, The Romantics, Scream 4, The Oranges, Damsels In Distress, Seeking A Friend For The End Of The World and Lovelace.
In The Oranges Leighton Meester’s character falls in love with Hugh Laurie’s – who plays Brody’s father – character. Brody shared what he felt the main message of The Oranges was exclusively with Uinterview.com. “Acceptance and maybe questioning the status quo,” Brody said. “Even though it’s not your ideal relationship perhaps, I do think the overall message is one of love and family.”
Brody told Uinterview his favorite piece from filming Damsels In Distress. “[Director Whit Stillman]’s so – sort of – aloof and interesting and – not secretive – but he’s not that forthcoming with himself and his ideas,” Brody said. “He’s much more interested in you and asks you a lot of questions. So, I think he writes these very layered parts, and then he asks someone a lot of questions and finds that they are right for it and puts them in, and goes on to the next thing.”
Adam Brody Engagement, Dating History
Brody dated The OC costar Bilson for three years, from 2003-2006, and Lorene Scafaria from 2009-2011. Brody began dating Leighton Meester, star of Gossip Girl, in January 2013 when they met on the set of The Oranges. In November, it was reported that the two had become engaged.
Brody is rumored to have dated Kirsten Dunst and Teresa Palmer.
Adam Brody Personal Life
Though Brody was raised by Jewish parents, he has said that he is not religious in the least, but rather a secular Jew. He did, however, have a Bar Mitzvah.
Growing up in San Diego Brody said he surfed quite a bit and spent much of his time at the beach.
Brody used to be part of the band Big Japan, founded in 2005. He acted as the drummer and wrote songs in his free time. He is now in a band called The Shortcoats.
In addition to acting, Brody is also pursuing a career in writing and directing. He cowrote Red Menace, a comic book miniseries for Wildstorm Comics. In 2003 he wrote and starred in the short film Home Security. While he was in Big Japan Brody was known to take spare time to work on screenplays.
Brody has volunteered as an actor for with Young Storytellers Program.
Brody has a dog named Penny Lane. He currently lives in Los Angeles.
See Adam Brody In The OC: The Complete Series:
Adam Brody Bio News
- Adam Brody Weds Leighton Meester In Secret Wedding
- Adam Brody And Leighton Meester Are Engaged
- Celebrities Go All Out For 2013 Halloween Costumes – Chris Colfer, Adam Brody, Ellen, Miley Cyrus & More
- EXCLUSIVE: Adam Brody And Alia Shawkat Bond With Older Co-Stars In 'The Oranges'
- EXCLUSIVE: Adam Brody Surprised By 'Damsels In Distress' Director Whit Stillman's Hands-Off Methods
- ‘Homeland’ Spoilers: Brody Is On The Lam; Carrie Is Off Her Meds
- Sundance 2016: 9 Of The Most Anticipated Movies At Utah Film Fest
- Dax Shephard And Michael Peña Film Scene For ‘CHiPs’ Remake
- Greer Grammer Tapped For Miss Golden Globe 2015 Role
- Fergie Shares Photo Of Baby Axl Jack On Christmas
- Ben McKenzie Dishes On Being An Actor And His Days On 'The O.C.'
- Celebrities Get Decked Out In Costumes For L.A. Halloween Parties [SLIDESHOW]
- Harry Reems, ‘Deep Throat' Actor, Dies At 65
- PHOTOS: Amanda Seyfreid Stars As Linda Lovelace
- EXCLUSIVE: Josh Peck Suffers Battle Wounds Filming 'Red Dawn'
- EXCLUSIVE: Ryan Guzman's Jet-Ski Getaway Goes Awry
- EXCLUSIVE: Katie Featherston Talks About Her 'Paranormal Activity' Future
- EXCLUSIVE: Kathleen Robertson & Freddie Rodriguez Talk Bin Laden Raid Movie, 'Seal Team Six'
- EXCLUSIVE: Aaron Paul On Preparing For 'Smashed': 'I Drank A Lot'
- EXCLUSIVE: End Of Watch's Natalie Martinez: 'I Love Boys'
- EXCLUSIVE: Kit Harington On 'Silent Hill: Revelation 3D': I'm Terrified Of Medical Procedures
- EXCLUSIVE: Catherine Keener Bonds With Hugh Laurie On 'The Oranges'
- EXCLUSIVE: Steve Carell On ‘Seeking A Friend For The End Of The World’
- ‘Snatched’ Movie Review Roundup: Amy Schumer-Goldie Hawn Comedy Doesn’t Get The Laughs
- Emmys 2015 Results: ‘Game Of Thrones’ & ‘Veep’ Big Winners At 2015 Award Ceremony
Leave a comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.