Daughter of Rolling Stones frontman Keith Richards, Theodora Richards is ready to break away from her rock and roll childhood to embark on her own adventure as a model working with big names like Terry Richardson and Tommy Hilfiger. Growing up, Richards was naturally drawn to the glamorous world of photo shoots and catwalks, citing her mom Patti Hansen, who appeared on the covers of magazines like Vogue, Harper's Bazaar and Esquire, as her main influence and inspiration for getting into the business. She loved what she saw and started modelling at 16, appearing as an extra on projects that her mom was working on. "I’ve been blessed with my family," Richards told Uinterview exclusively. "The fact that my father’s in a legendary rock band is just icing on the cake, I guess. It was pretty wild. I’ve gotten to do things that other kids haven’t. I’d like to continue to be able to travel the way they have, but maybe without the Stones. On my own, my own intentions, my own experience."
| Get Uinterview's FREE iPhone App For More Interviews + Daily News Updates here!
- Q: How did you get your start in modeling? - Uinterview
- A: Obviously, my mom [Patti Hansen] was one. I saw her doing it while I was growing up with my sister. It looked so glamorous. She allowed me and my sister to start modeling when we were 16. They would add us in like extras because we were on the sidelines. Eventually, I wanted to be a part of it.
- Q: What was the most memorable thing you've ever had to do on a modeling job? - Uinterview
- A: Traveling is probably my favorite part – I went to Mustique for a Tommy Hilfiger shoot. It was a lot of fun – got to work with a lot of other models on that one. I’m usually by myself or with my sister, so it’s nice to be in a big group.
- Q: How would you describe your own sense of style? - Uinterview
- A: I definitely like comfortable chic. I like easy, breezy – clothes that can come off really easily. I also like hard, structured outfits as well. Comme des Garcons has this amazing jacket I love now. But I’m pretty easy with my clothes. I love colors – my closet is like a Crayola box!
- Q: You've just been working with photographer Terry Richardson on a shoot for French Connection. Tell us about that collaboration. - Uinterview
- A: It was a lot of fun. I got to work with Terry before when I was 17. Terry is always such a character. It was a lot of fun to be together again that day. The [French Connection] shoes are incredible and the jeans are great, too. He got us to stick our butts out – which is as far as we could go with this shoot – with this high arch in our backs. [laughs]
- Q: You grew up in a rock family, what was it like growing up as the child of a Rolling Stone? - Uinterview
- A: It was amazing. I’ve been blessed with my family. The fact that my father’s in a legendary rock band is just icing on the cake, I guess. It was pretty wild. I’ve gotten to do things that other kids haven’t. I’d like to continue to be able to travel the way they have, but maybe without the Stones. On my own, my own intentions, my own experience.
- Q: Tell us a bit about your childhood and how you grew up. - Uinterview
- A: I had my 10th birthday in Tokyo which was pretty phenomenal and then I also had my 18th birthday there, so it was pretty dramatic in the difference of what we got to do there. I had a magician at one and drunken karaoke at the other. Other than that, I think experiences are too wild to write down in an interview!
- Q: If you ever want to tell us, let us know! What did your Dad say when you got involved with modeling? - Uinterview User
- A: He was a little apprehensive, like any parent. [My sister] Alexandra and I are very goody-goody and maybe a little naive, but we’ve always been surrounded by good people.
- Q: What are your musical tastes like? Who are your favorite bands? - Uinterview User
- A: I’m really into Prodigy. I can’t explain it – I’m into head-banging music. I like everything from Chuck Berry to Mozart to the Cranberries. Even Broadway. My mixed CDs make people a little crazy – it makes them a seasick.
- Q: What are your favorite activities outside of your work? - Uinterview
- A: I’ve been doing some amazing traveling with my family. I went to the Glastonbury Festival [in Britain] which was phenomenal and saw all the bands there. I intend to do Burning Man in August. I also love to draw and read.
- Q: Where do you see your career going in the future? - Uinterview
- A: I hope to do a little of everything. I can be so ADD. Really, I want to do it all.
Chelsea Lately's Sarah Colonna
"That elevator scene? Forget it! "
"Wasting Light is such a good album."
"Who doesn’t like to read about sex with John F. Kennedy?"
"I am totally addicted to it. There was a huge hole in my heart when 24 went off air and someone told me I would love Homeland. I didn’t believe them. But I love it."
Most Popular Videos
- Jane Lynch And Craig Robinson Video Interview On 'Escape From Planet Earth'
- George Lopez Video Interview On 'Escape From Planet Earth'
- Dylan O'Brien Video Interview On 'The Internship,' Google, Vince Vaughn
- Clive Owen Video Interview On 'Shadow Dancer,' Playing An MI-5 Agent
- Dave Franco & Isla Fisher Video Interview On 'Now You See Me,' Magic
Top Comedy Videos
Most Popular News
- 'Game Of Thrones' Recap: Robb Stark, Talisa, Catelyn Murdered At The Red Wedding
- Victoria Beckham & Son Brooklyn Beckham Attend Glamour Women Of The Year Awards
- ‘Diana’ Biopic Teaser Trailer With Naomi Watts Is Released
- Heidi Klum, Martin Kristen Run & Make Up After Public Spat
- Michael Keaton Suits Up For ‘Birdman’