After starting her career designing for Ralph Lauren, Lyn Devon established her own name with her understated, modish eponymous line. She’s been labeled a “rising star” by Fashion Group International, won the prestigious Ecco Domani Fashion Foundation Award and called a “no nonsense,” “ultra-chic,” talent by the fashion bible WWD. Here, she talks to Uinterview about her inspirations, idols and the buzz of New York Fashion Week.
- Q: What was the highlight of New York fashion week? - Jessica Cran
- A: Waking up on the morning of my presentation to the WWD cover.
- Q: Who or what do you draw inspiration from for each season/collection? - JC
- A: From my clients, and the clothing that they need and love and live in.
- Q: Do you have a signature or favorite piece in your collection at the moment? - JC
- A: For spring, it’s my white cotton canvas voluminous day dress—the Ella dress. It’s effortless and fun and I will wear it day and night.
- Q: What should we be wearing/getting excited about in the spring 2009 collections? - JC
- A: The menswear inspired pieces, like my silk and linen boxy Kate blazer and Truman Trouser in white or black. Wearing these boyish elements with feminine colors and silks is the most playful and dynamic way to dress!
- Q: Now that the economy is headed south have you got any tips for people who want to stay stylish for cheap? - JC
- A: Buy one great item to refresh your wardrobe, a piece that you can wear back to all the basics you already own and love. Like a bright silk chiffon blouse.
- Q: Who is your biggest fashion inspiration, both past and present? - JC
- A: Past: Kate Hepburn, Audrey Hepburn, Claire McCardell, Coco Chanel, Lee Radziwill. Present: Lauren Hutton, Tilda Swinton, Marina Rust Conner, Brooke Neidich, my mom.
- Q: Who's your favorite designer? - JC
- A: I have so many. I will say Raf Simons for Jill Sander. For his precision, his classicism, his sense of luxury sportswear.
- Q: If you hadn't become a fashion designer, what would you have done? - JC
- A: I would have become an explorer and travel writer.
Chelsea Lately's Sarah Colonna
"That elevator scene? Forget it! "
"Wasting Light is such a good album."
"Who doesn’t like to read about sex with John F. Kennedy?"
"I am totally addicted to it. There was a huge hole in my heart when 24 went off air and someone told me I would love Homeland. I didn’t believe them. But I love it."
Most Popular Videos
- Jane Lynch And Craig Robinson Video Interview On 'Escape From Planet Earth'
- Adrien Brody Video Interview On Judging The Bombay Sapphire Imagination Film Series, Playing Houdini
- Thandie Newton Video Interview On 'Rogue,' Learning To Shoot A Gun
- George Lopez Video Interview On 'Escape From Planet Earth'
- Kevin Smith Video Interview On His New Book, 'Tough Sh*t,' Mitt Romeny, Bruce Willis
Top Comedy Videos
Most Popular News
Sex & Sci-Fi: Summer's Hottest Movies & Men - Your Tango
- Celebrity Sex Talk: 6 Craziest Things Heard This Week - Your Tango
- ‘Spring Breakers’ Review: The 10 Most Depraved, Parent-Shocking Moments - MovieFone
- 10 Hot Hollywood Husbands Changing The World - Your Tango
- Taylor Swift Cozying Up With Harry Styles - PlanetFashionTV