Former star of The Hills and Laguna Beach, Lauren Conrad has made a name for herself as a California girl with a carefree and effortless sense of style. She is now branching out from her reality TV days and into the worlds of fashion as well as writing. Her new line for Kohl's embraces everyday simplicity. "I like to use references from things around me, from magazines and from everyday life," Conrad told Uinterview exclusively. "This season I loved the flowers around my home, also ruffles and bows I saw on runways so I tried to include all of it in the line."
| Get Uinterview's FREE iPhone App For More Interviews + Daily News Updates here!
- Q: What were your influences while designing your line for Kohl's? - Kadeen Griffiths
- A: I like to use references from things around me, from magazines and from everyday life. This season I loved the flowers around my home, also ruffles and bows I saw on runways, so I tried to include all of it in the line.
- Q: With the economy in bad shape, what are your favorite inexpensive fashion items? - Kadeen Griffiths
- A: I think there are great staples in the line. Jeans and leggings are great. Invest in one staple jacket like the boyfriend blazer that you can wear at work or when going out. It can be worn casual over jeans or over a dress so you can't lose. I even carried it over to other seasons, so it is a great investment.
- Q: What are your favorite pieces in the LC by Lauren Conrad collection? - Meghan
- A: The boyfriend blazer is my favorite item. I even made it in gray because the black sold so well. I wear it with everything.
- Q: What do you think that "California style" can offer the rest of the nation? - Meghan
- A: I think it can show everyone that you can pick an outfit and wear it from day to night, so you don't need to go home and change. It is perfect for anyone on the go!
- Q: Do you see any more reality TV in your future? - Joe Galbo
- A: Not sure right now, it was a great experience, so I don't want to say no.
- Q: You were featured on an episode of Family Guy last year. How did that come about and what did you think of the episode? - Joe Galbo
- A: It is one of my favorite shows. I watch it whenever I can. I was approached by the show, and they asked me to play myself. I couldn't say yes fast enough!
- Q: Are you planning to write more books after the "LA Candy" series? If so, what will they be about? - Monica Davies
- A: Yes, the third book in the series comes out this October . I am so excited. I also have a style guide coming out as well.
- Q: What did you think of end of the last season of The Hills? Will you appear in Season 6 at all? - Monica Davies
- A: I actually haven't seen it.
- Q: Do you consider yourself an actress as well as a designer? Is acting something you're interested in? - Natasha Alloway
- A: I have never considered myself an actress. I really like designing and hope to also get my feet wet behind the scenes and produce.
Chelsea Lately's Sarah Colonna
"That elevator scene? Forget it! "
"Wasting Light is such a good album."
"Who doesn’t like to read about sex with John F. Kennedy?"
"I am totally addicted to it. There was a huge hole in my heart when 24 went off air and someone told me I would love Homeland. I didn’t believe them. But I love it."
Most Popular Videos
- Jane Lynch And Craig Robinson Video Interview On 'Escape From Planet Earth'
- George Lopez Video Interview On 'Escape From Planet Earth'
- Dylan O'Brien Video Interview On 'The Internship,' Google, Vince Vaughn
- Dave Franco & Isla Fisher Video Interview On 'Now You See Me,' Magic
- Clive Owen Video Interview On 'Shadow Dancer,' Playing An MI-5 Agent
Top Comedy Videos
Most Popular News
- 'Game Of Thrones' Recap: Robb Stark, Talisa, Catelyn Murdered At The Red Wedding
- Victoria Beckham & Son Brooklyn Beckham Attend Glamour Women Of The Year Awards
- ‘Diana’ Biopic Teaser Trailer With Naomi Watts Is Released
- Heidi Klum, Martin Kristen Run & Make Up After Public Spat
- Cassadee Pope Performs ‘Wasting All These Tears’ On ‘The Voice’ [VIDEO]