For Your entertainment By Adam Lambert
Adam Lambert (who was the runner-up of this year’s American Idol competition, for those of you who live on another planet and haven’t heard of him yet) has created a very interesting and provocative debut release with For Your Entertainment. The 14-track album features everything from industrial rock songs to soppy pop ballads, and points the new singer’s career in a promising direction.
With all the leather-clad attitude that Lambert has exuded since he first came into the public eye, a lot of the songs fail to deliver any discernable type of vibe. This year he showed everyone how well he can pull off music in the styles of Led Zeppelin, Kiss and Queen, so weak pop songs like “Broken Open” and “Time For Miracles,” and even “Aftermath” and “Whataya Want From Me” are, to a certain extent, a disappointment to listen to.
However, there are still a lot of tracks where Lambert blows the competition away with his style and excellent voice. Opening track "Music Again” holds enough pop hooks and melody for half an album and gets the CD going at a good pace.
This segues into the first single, the title track “For Your Entertainment.” It’s hard not to like the song for the sheer obviousness that people such as Lambert are definitely here for our entertainment, but it also holds its own as a sexy, bass-driven electro-pop song. “Strut” is a similar tune where the bass line has been used so effectively that it’ll just about have you up and strutting in time to it.
Another interesting song is “Fever,” which was co-written by Lady Gaga. It’s flamboyance is reminiscent of the Scissor Sisters and of Lady Gaga herself. The track “Sleepwalker” moves into a totally different genre, and brings screeching guitars and a heavy rock backbeat to the table. It also gives a glimpse of how heavy Lambert can make his music if he wants to.
Overall, For Your Entertainment is an excellent debut, showcasing Lambert’s cracking voice as best it can, and proving that he’s a lot more interesting and diverse than any of the other singers he shared the Idol stage with.
Danielle Panabaker's Top Pop Picks
"I'm really into the Avett Brothers as of late."
"My girlfriends are I - we are very nerdy. We started a book club and the first book we read was Gone Girl."
"I thought it was a great film and I thought Jennifer Lawrence was incredible, you know those angry tears, I've certainly experienced that."
Most Popular Videos
- Jane Lynch And Craig Robinson Video Interview On 'Escape From Planet Earth'
- Adrien Brody Video Interview On Judging The Bombay Sapphire Imagination Film Series, Playing Houdini
- Thandie Newton Video Interview On 'Rogue,' Learning To Shoot A Gun
- George Lopez Video Interview On 'Escape From Planet Earth'
- Kevin Smith Video Interview On His New Book, 'Tough Sh*t,' Mitt Romeny, Bruce Willis
Top Comedy Videos
Sex & Sci-Fi: Summer's Hottest Movies & Men - Your Tango
- Celebrity Sex Talk: 6 Craziest Things Heard This Week - Your Tango
- ‘Spring Breakers’ Review: The 10 Most Depraved, Parent-Shocking Moments - MovieFone
- 10 Hot Hollywood Husbands Changing The World - Your Tango
- Taylor Swift Cozying Up With Harry Styles - PlanetFashionTV