U.S. Olympic Triathlete Gwen Jorgensen Talks Healthy Eating, Training
Although she finished in 38th place, U.S. Olympic triathlete Gwen Jorgensen felt buoyed by the support of fans who lined the course. "You could hear people cheering all the way around and it was really awesome to have that many fans out cheering for us. This was really exciting and it makes me want to keep trying,” Jorgensen told the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel. Though she swam and ran competitively at the University of Wisconsin, Jorgensen, 26, is relatively new to the Triathlon. It was only two years ago when Jorgensen was recruited by USA Triathlon to compete. The following year, she qualified for the Olympics by placing second in the ITU World Championship Series in London. “They gave me so much support and I’ve been able to qualify for the Olympics in less than two years,” Jorgensen told Uinterview in an exclusive interview. “It’s been just an incredible journey and something I feel really fortunate about.” An extensive training program can also be credited for Jorgensen’s ascension into the triathlon. “Normally I’m doing six days of swimming a week, six days of biking a week and five days of running a week,” she told Uinterview. “It’s something we have to prepare for mentally, physically, nutrition, everything plays a factor in to it.” Her diet is also crucial to her success. “I really like to eat things that are healthy and a lot of times if I hear of a super food I’ll definitely go out and buy it. I had sunflower sprouts the other day for the first time. I enjoyed those and I put them on my salad.”
Most Popular Videos
- Jane Lynch And Craig Robinson Video Interview On 'Escape From Planet Earth'
- Adrien Brody Video Interview On Judging The Bombay Sapphire Imagination Film Series, Playing Houdini
- Thandie Newton Video Interview On 'Rogue,' Learning To Shoot A Gun
- George Lopez Video Interview On 'Escape From Planet Earth'
- Kevin Smith Video Interview On His New Book, 'Tough Sh*t,' Mitt Romeny, Bruce Willis
Sex & Sci-Fi: Summer's Hottest Movies & Men - Your Tango
- Celebrity Sex Talk: 6 Craziest Things Heard This Week - Your Tango
- ‘Spring Breakers’ Review: The 10 Most Depraved, Parent-Shocking Moments - MovieFone
- 10 Hot Hollywood Husbands Changing The World - Your Tango
- Taylor Swift Cozying Up With Harry Styles - PlanetFashionTV