U.S. Olympic Pentathlete Dennis Bowsher On The Importance Of Downtime
In addition to representing the U.S. at the 2012 Olympics, modern pentathlete Dennis Bowsher serves his country as a specialist in the United States Army. Enlisting in 2005, Bowsher is a member of the World Class Athlete Program (WCAP). The WCAP provides training and financial support to soldier-athletes competing in the Olympic and Paralympic Games. Bowsher was one of seven WCAP representatives in London. “Because I’m in the Army, even though it says USA on my chest, there’ll be a special spot in my heart for all the service members out there. Everyone that puts on a uniform and serves their country — they’ll be right there with me as well,” Bowsher said in an exclusive interview with Uinterview. Entering the Olympics, Bowsher, a native of Texas, had been a decorated athlete. Bowsher is a three-time U.S. National Champion and has received bronze medals in the 2009 Pan American Games as well as a 2010 U.S. National Competition, respectively. Though he finshed 32nd in the pentathlon at the London Olympics, Bowsher was not discouraged and was even looking ahead. “We have Rio in four years, and I look forward to training to that,” he told NBC 5 of Dallas, TX. In our interview with Bowsher, he took us into his mind to show us how he trains and prepares for competition, citing downtime as important as the actual training itself. “You want to make sure you’re up and ready for each event. So anytime you have downtime, you want to just kind of take a mental break — that way you can get yourself back up,” he told us.
Most Popular Videos
- Jane Lynch And Craig Robinson Video Interview On 'Escape From Planet Earth'
- Adrien Brody Video Interview On Judging The Bombay Sapphire Imagination Film Series, Playing Houdini
- George Lopez Video Interview On 'Escape From Planet Earth'
- Thandie Newton Video Interview On 'Rogue,' Learning To Shoot A Gun
- Kevin Smith Video Interview On His New Book, 'Tough Sh*t,' Mitt Romeny, Bruce Willis
Sex & Sci-Fi: Summer's Hottest Movies & Men - Your Tango
- Celebrity Sex Talk: 6 Craziest Things Heard This Week - Your Tango
- ‘Spring Breakers’ Review: The 10 Most Depraved, Parent-Shocking Moments - MovieFone
- 10 Hot Hollywood Husbands Changing The World - Your Tango
- Taylor Swift Cozying Up With Harry Styles - PlanetFashionTV