U.S. Olympic Gymnast McKayla Maroney On Vaulting For The Gold
McKayla Maroney may only be 16 years old, but she’s already one of the greatest gymnasts in the world. At 2011 World Artistic Gymnastics Championships in Tokyo, Japan, Maroney won the gold medal for individual vault, and her impressive floor performance helped the US team also bring back the gold. Since then, Maroney has been a force to be reckoned with, and now she has her sights set on this summer’s games in London, where she's competing with teammates Gabby Douglas, Jordyn Wieber, Aly Raisman and Kyla Ross. “For some of my goals I know that I really want to get the gold medal for vault, because I’ve been working so hard for that, I definitely want to have that gold medal,” Maroney tells Uinterview in an exclusive interview. Maroney, a California native, says that one of secrets of success is salmon. “I think it gives me the most energy and I had it on the second day before Visa’s, and I had one of the best competitions ever, it’s kind of now like a superstitious food, I think that’s like a lucky food for me,” admits Maroney. Though Maroney is still young, that doesn’t stop her from thinking about the future. “After gymnastics I know that I want to be an actress, that sort of thing seems really fun to me,” she says.
Most Popular Videos
- Jane Lynch And Craig Robinson Video Interview On 'Escape From Planet Earth'
- Adrien Brody Video Interview On Judging The Bombay Sapphire Imagination Film Series, Playing Houdini
- George Lopez Video Interview On 'Escape From Planet Earth'
- Thandie Newton Video Interview On 'Rogue,' Learning To Shoot A Gun
- Kevin Smith Video Interview On His New Book, 'Tough Sh*t,' Mitt Romeny, Bruce Willis
Sex & Sci-Fi: Summer's Hottest Movies & Men - Your Tango
- Celebrity Sex Talk: 6 Craziest Things Heard This Week - Your Tango
- Why ‘Man of Steel’ Didn’t Use ‘Superman’ in the Title - MovieFone
- 10 Hot Hollywood Husbands Changing The World - Your Tango
- Taylor Swift Cozying Up With Harry Styles - PlanetFashionTV