U.S. Olympic Diver Nick McCrory Praises Teammate David Boudia
Nick McCrory’s London 2012 Olympics were bittersweet. While he and partner David Boudia won bronze in the Men’s Synchronized 10-Meter Platform Diving, McCrory failed to medal in the Individual 10m platform diving, finishing in 9th place while Boudia went on to win the gold. Still, after just barely missing the cut for the 2008 Beijing Games, McCrory’s medal-winning experience in London is sure to be one he will cherish. McCrory, 21, was born in Durham, N.C. and grew up in nearby Chapel Hill, caught between the heated rivalry of Duke University and the University of North Carolina. This tension was further strengthened by the fact that his mother and father attended UNC and Duke, respectively. Despite growing up as a UNC fan, McCrory elected to attend Duke where he is currently enrolled and scheduled to graduate in 2013. Swimming and diving appear to be in McCrory’s blood, as his uncle, Gordon Downie, helped Great Britain to a bronze in the 4x200m freestyle relay at the 1976 Olympics. Heading into the 2012 Games, McCrory was excited for the prospects of his synchro team’s medal chances and he praised diving partner Boudia profusely. “It has been a great partnership, and especially this year we’ve made a lot of progress in working with each other,” McCrory said of Boudia in an exclusive interview with Uinterview. “He really is a great partner, he is a fantastic diver, he’s really fun to dive with and makes me always step my game up to dive with him.”
Most Popular Videos
- Jane Lynch And Craig Robinson Video Interview On 'Escape From Planet Earth'
- Adrien Brody Video Interview On Judging The Bombay Sapphire Imagination Film Series, Playing Houdini
- Thandie Newton Video Interview On 'Rogue,' Learning To Shoot A Gun
- George Lopez Video Interview On 'Escape From Planet Earth'
- Kevin Smith Video Interview On His New Book, 'Tough Sh*t,' Mitt Romeny, Bruce Willis
Sex & Sci-Fi: Summer's Hottest Movies & Men - Your Tango
- Celebrity Sex Talk: 6 Craziest Things Heard This Week - Your Tango
- ‘Spring Breakers’ Review: The 10 Most Depraved, Parent-Shocking Moments - MovieFone
- 10 Hot Hollywood Husbands Changing The World - Your Tango
- Taylor Swift Cozying Up With Harry Styles - PlanetFashionTV