U.S. Olympic Diver Kristian Ipsen Is 'Not Wearing Much'
The 2012 games in London will be Kristian Ipsen first Olympic appearance, but Ipsen, 19, has high hopes this summer. In 2009, he and his diving partner Troy Dumais took home the silver medal at the Diving World Championships in Rome for the 3m synchro springboard event. Ipsen, who is also competing in the 3m springboard individual event, has yet to win gold in a major international tournament, but he isn’t letting the pressure interfere with his game. “And I feel like when I just focus on myself and kind of block everything else out, that's when I do well,” Ipsen tells Uinterview in our exclusive interview. Ipsen describes his training in preparation for the games as “rigorous,” and if you’d seen him up on the diving board you’d understand why. “Diving is a sport where you need to look good on the board and you're not wearing much [laughs],” he jokes. So what’s his secret? “We practice morning practices, four days a week, afternoon practices, six days a week. Then we do Pilates, weights, lots of different things,” comments Ipsen. Ouch.
Most Popular Videos
- Jane Lynch And Craig Robinson Video Interview On 'Escape From Planet Earth'
- Adrien Brody Video Interview On Judging The Bombay Sapphire Imagination Film Series, Playing Houdini
- George Lopez Video Interview On 'Escape From Planet Earth'
- Thandie Newton Video Interview On 'Rogue,' Learning To Shoot A Gun
- Kevin Smith Video Interview On His New Book, 'Tough Sh*t,' Mitt Romeny, Bruce Willis
Sex & Sci-Fi: Summer's Hottest Movies & Men - Your Tango
- Celebrity Sex Talk: 6 Craziest Things Heard This Week - Your Tango
- ‘Spring Breakers’ Review: The 10 Most Depraved, Parent-Shocking Moments - MovieFone
- 10 Hot Hollywood Husbands Changing The World - Your Tango
- Taylor Swift Cozying Up With Harry Styles - PlanetFashionTV