U.S. Olympic Diver Cassidy Krug Almost Didn't Make It To London
U.S. diver Cassidy Krug may not have brought back any medals this summer from the London Olympics, but that doesn’t stop this competitive athlete from giving up on her dreams for the future. Krug, 27, finished in 7th place in the women’s 3-meter springboard diving competition with a score of 342.85, while her U.S. teammate Christina Loukas finished in 8th place with a score of 332.85. After three rounds, Krug was in 3rd before falling to 4th and eventually 7th on her last dive, earning about 55.50 points. Like most Olympic Divers, Krug, who was born on 1985 in Pittsburgh, Pa., had excelled swimming and diving ever since she was a young girl. Krug’s parents were always heavily involved with the sport. “Both of my parents are diving coaches, and so I kind of grew up around the pool deck,” Krug told Uinterview exclusively. “But I wasn’t intensely into diving almost until I went to college.” Krug’s father is the head coach at the University of Pittsburgh while her mother coaches at the Pitt Aquatics Club. Although Krug always knew she was a good diver, it wasn’t until she enrolled at Stanford University that she realized she could turn pro. Krug has always been a determined competitor who would stop at nothing in order to achieve her goals. In 2004, Krug attempted to make the U.S .Olympic team, but finished eighth in the 3m. Four years, Krug entered the 2008 Olympic season as a favorite before suffering from a back injury that set her back. Despite leaving the sport of diving for a year, Krug realized how much she missed the sport and decided to make one more run for the Olympic Games in London. Krug has competed in several diving events, which include the 2011 Pan American Games, where she brought back a silver and bronze medal, and she finished in 1st place at the 2012 USA Diving Winter Championships, as well as the 2007 NCAA Championships. Krug is also a 10-time national champion. Just like her other fellow Olympians, Krug has a lot to look forward to now that the Olympic are over. “After the Olympics, I am a sweets fanatic. I will probably splurge on a lot of things,” Krug told Uinterview, “but chocolate cake is what comes to my head right now.”
Most Popular Videos
- Jane Lynch And Craig Robinson Video Interview On 'Escape From Planet Earth'
- Adrien Brody Video Interview On Judging The Bombay Sapphire Imagination Film Series, Playing Houdini
- George Lopez Video Interview On 'Escape From Planet Earth'
- Thandie Newton Video Interview On 'Rogue,' Learning To Shoot A Gun
- Kevin Smith Video Interview On His New Book, 'Tough Sh*t,' Mitt Romeny, Bruce Willis
Sex & Sci-Fi: Summer's Hottest Movies & Men - Your Tango
- Celebrity Sex Talk: 6 Craziest Things Heard This Week - Your Tango
- ‘Spring Breakers’ Review: The 10 Most Depraved, Parent-Shocking Moments - MovieFone
- 10 Hot Hollywood Husbands Changing The World - Your Tango
- Taylor Swift Cozying Up With Harry Styles - PlanetFashionTV