Swimmer Ryan Lochte On The Rise
This Olympics may be Michaels Phelps’ last, but U.S. Olympic teammate Ryan Lochte, 27, is hoping that it will be his best. If you don’t remember him from the Beijing games, Lochte is from Cananadaigua, New York, and actually qualified for his first Olympics at the same time as Phelps back in 2004. Since then, the two have been heavyweights in U.S. Men’s Swimming Team with Phelps carrying the title of world's best swimmer and Lochte, well, second best.
That is, until now. Phelps has slowed since the last Olympics and Lochte has ramped up, according to Sports Illustrated. In last year's 2011 world championships, Lochte won five gold medals and one bronze while Phelps won four golds, two silvers and one bronze. And, if winning more golds wasn’t enough, Lochte bested Phelps in the 200 free and 200 individual medley.
Whatever happens in London, Vogue editor Anna Wintour, at least, seems to be cheering for the underdog in this fight. Lochte recently became the fourth man ever to grace the cover of Vogue and the first to do so shirtless. Take that, Phelps!
Most Popular Videos
- Jane Lynch And Craig Robinson Video Interview On 'Escape From Planet Earth'
- Adrien Brody Video Interview On Judging The Bombay Sapphire Imagination Film Series, Playing Houdini
- George Lopez Video Interview On 'Escape From Planet Earth'
- Thandie Newton Video Interview On 'Rogue,' Learning To Shoot A Gun
- Kevin Smith Video Interview On His New Book, 'Tough Sh*t,' Mitt Romeny, Bruce Willis
Sex & Sci-Fi: Summer's Hottest Movies & Men - Your Tango
- Celebrity Sex Talk: 6 Craziest Things Heard This Week - Your Tango
- Why ‘Man of Steel’ Didn’t Use ‘Superman’ in the Title - MovieFone
- 10 Hot Hollywood Husbands Changing The World - Your Tango
- Taylor Swift Cozying Up With Harry Styles - PlanetFashionTV