Alexis Wright, Maine Zumba Instuctor, Pleads Guilty In Prostitution Ring Case
Maine Zumba instructor Alexis Wright pled guilty to 20 counts relating to running a prostitution ring run out of her Kennebunk workout studio.
Wright, whose charges were reduced to misdemeanors, was alleged by prosecutors to have amassed roughly $150,000 over 18 months through the illegal activities, according to NBC News. The 30-year-old instructor reportedly had an extensive client list and videotapes of their escapades. By pleading guilty, Wright will be able to avoid the embarrassment that befell insurance agent Mark Strong.
Strong, who prosecutors believed was Wright’s accomplice in the prostitution ring, went to trial and was convicted of 12 counts of promotion to commit prostitution and one account of conspiracy to commit prostitution. Throughout the trial, sordid details emerged that the husband and father would have preferred to remain hidden, including 577 sexually explicit Skype photos. He was sentenced to 20 days in prison and ordered to pay a $3,000 fine.
Prosecutors expect that Wright will be sentenced to 10 months in prison during her sentencing court date on May 31.
Most Popular News
- Kendall And Kylie Jenner Wear Revealing Dresses On MMVA Red Carpet
- Jeremiah Heaton Claimed Small Piece Of African Desert To Make His Daughter A Princess
- Bill Skarsgard & Landon Liboiron On Their 'Hemlock Grove' Characters' 'Sexual Tension,' Gay Undertones [EXCLUSIVE VIDEO]
- German Soccer Squad Returns Home To Heroes Welcome After World Cup Victory
- 'Grey'¬ôs Anatomy': Season 11 Spoilers From Shonda Rhimes
Most Popular Videos
Derek Hough On 'Make Your Move,' BoA, 'Dancing With The Stars'
Dave Franco & Isla Fisher Video Interview On 'Now You See Me,' Magic
Shawn Ashmore On 'X-Men: Days Of Future Past,' Ice Man, 'X-Men: Apocalypse'
Eli Roth & Famke Janssen On 'Hemlock Grove'
Gregg Sulkin On 'Affluenza,' 'Pretty Little Liars'