Alexis Wright, Maine Zumba Instuctor, Pleads Guilty In Prostitution Ring Case
Maine Zumba instructor Alexis Wright pled guilty to 20 counts relating to running a prostitution ring run out of her Kennebunk workout studio.
Wright, whose charges were reduced to misdemeanors, was alleged by prosecutors to have amassed roughly $150,000 over 18 months through the illegal activities, according to NBC News. The 30-year-old instructor reportedly had an extensive client list and videotapes of their escapades. By pleading guilty, Wright will be able to avoid the embarrassment that befell insurance agent Mark Strong.
Strong, who prosecutors believed was Wright’s accomplice in the prostitution ring, went to trial and was convicted of 12 counts of promotion to commit prostitution and one account of conspiracy to commit prostitution. Throughout the trial, sordid details emerged that the husband and father would have preferred to remain hidden, including 577 sexually explicit Skype photos. He was sentenced to 20 days in prison and ordered to pay a $3,000 fine.
Prosecutors expect that Wright will be sentenced to 10 months in prison during her sentencing court date on May 31.
Most Popular News
- Submarine Shark Hoax: 'Shark Of Darkness: Wrath Of Submarine' Is Discovery Channel's Latest Shark Week Mockumentary
- Kendall And Kylie Jenner Wear Revealing Dresses On MMVA Red Carpet
- Lourdes Leon Hits The Beach In A Bikini
- 'War Machine' Jon Koppenhaver, Goes On Twitter Rant Following Alleged Beating Of Girlfriend, Christy Mack
- John Denver's Aspen Home Is Back On The Market; Owners Selling For $10.75 Million
Most Popular Videos
Derek Hough On 'Make Your Move,' BoA, 'Dancing With The Stars'
Shawn Ashmore On 'X-Men: Days Of Future Past,' Ice Man, 'X-Men: Apocalypse'
Dave Franco & Isla Fisher Video Interview On 'Now You See Me,' Magic
Billy Crudup On 'Blood Ties,' Clive Owen, Zoe Saldana
Jacki Weaver On 'Magic In The Moonlight,' Woody Allen