Zac Efron Undresses For Coming-Of-Age Role In 'The Paperboy'
Add Zac Efron's name to the list of young actors who took a giant leap toward adulthood at the 65th Annual Cannes Film Festival. In addition to Twilight stars Kristen Stewart and Robert Pattinson, whose Cannes entries On The Road and Cosmopolis involved them in backseat threesomes and doggie-style bimbo-boinking, respectively, Efron, 24, is also getting down and dirty in The Paperboy, from Precious director Lee Daniels.
Set in the sultry South of the '60s, The Paperboy stars Efron and Matthew McConaughey as a pair of brothers, both writers, who set out to investigate some suspicious happenings. Nicole Kidman plays the object of Efron's desire, while John Cusack in turn plays a deathrow inmate whom Kidman covets. Throw in Macy Gray and God knows who's going to end up in who's bed.
As a result, Efron's character spends a lot of time in just his underwear. “I don’t think I was supposed to feel comfortable,” he told the Washington Post. “It’s like life. This character is supposed to be learning the ways of the world, and that can be very uncomfortable. But it’s also exciting.”
Read more here:
Most Popular News
Most Popular Videos
- Jane Lynch And Craig Robinson Video Interview On 'Escape From Planet Earth'
- Adrien Brody Video Interview On Judging The Bombay Sapphire Imagination Film Series, Playing Houdini
- George Lopez Video Interview On 'Escape From Planet Earth'
- Thandie Newton Video Interview On 'Rogue,' Learning To Shoot A Gun
- Kevin Smith Video Interview On His New Book, 'Tough Sh*t,' Mitt Romeny, Bruce Willis
Top Comedy Videos
Sex & Sci-Fi: Summer's Hottest Movies & Men - Your Tango
- Celebrity Sex Talk: 6 Craziest Things Heard This Week - Your Tango
- ‘Spring Breakers’ Review: The 10 Most Depraved, Parent-Shocking Moments - MovieFone
- 10 Hot Hollywood Husbands Changing The World - Your Tango
- Taylor Swift Cozying Up With Harry Styles - PlanetFashionTV